Politics Politics

Biden's nominee for Supreme Court is Ketanji Brown Jackson.

I don't know much about her, I think the biggest strike against her is that she's only sat on the appellate bench for a few months.

I believe she’s more liberal than the others? She’s not the one from SC thst graham and clyburn wanted who was seen as more moderate. A bold move considering Dems don’t have a tie breaker majority in the senate w lujon out w stroke.

The way they pressured Breyer is disgusting.

Yeah none of the Biden nominees have had any personal shit lobbed at them compared to trumps. His labor sec nom. Pudzer was accused of spousal abuse which turned out untrue but his nom was sunk and had to start over. Just one example. When Biden nominees are asked about shit they’ve actually said it’s an unfair attack ?

It’s ok to nominate someone primarily because of gender & skin color, as long as it’s not a white male? Assuming there are better qualified candidates that aren’t black & female, isn’t that blatant discrimination? Didn’t MLK say judge on character, not skin color? Seems like we’re headed backwards from the ideals of MLK, and our culture is focused on the differences, instead of what we all have in common.

Tommy said:
It’s ok to nominate someone primarily because of gender & skin color, as long as it’s not a white male? Assuming there are better qualified candidates that aren’t black & female, isn’t that blatant discrimination? Didn’t MLK say judge on character, not skin color? Seems like we’re headed backwards from the ideals of MLK, and our culture is focused on the differences, instead of what we all have in common.

It was just handled stupid. Could have pretended to evaluate people and pick a black woman. It’s all pandering because Dems know they will lose badly and must give the base something to show up on Election Day for.

Well, isn’t this interesting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/ketanji-jackson-montrose-christian/

I wonder if she’ll get the same treatment that Amy Coney Barrett did for being connected to a Christian group. This one explicitly denies trannyism and homosexuality, and seem to be pro-life - which seems at odds with this Administration’s priorities.

But I suppose that’s what you get when your only criteria is that the nominee be a proud woman of color.

DocZaius said:
Well, isn’t this interesting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/ketanji-jackson-montrose-christian/

I wonder if she’ll get the same treatment that Amy Coney Barrett did for being connected to a Christian group. This one explicitly denies trannyism and homosexuality, and seem to be pro-life - which seems at odds with this Administration’s priorities.

But I suppose that’s what you get when your only criteria is that the nominee be a proud woman of color.

Nothing to see here, and to bring it up is racist.

Yeah... the dems will probably grill her on that.

And then they will be racist lol.

(I hit submit and Mike's post came up as posted while I was writing. That is a nice feature of this board.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/23/doj-shuts-down-china-focused-anti-espionage-program-00011065

The Chinese have infiltrated huge swaths of the tech industry and educational institutions, have been caught spying and stealing many times, but oh no we can’t focus on the problem because that’s racist.

Juggs said:
Psaki is such a condescending, insufferable cunt.

her doubling down on "green" energy is so ridic. I wish someone would press this admin on the fact they are denying mining permits for key components of solar and wind.

Well sure. But if climate change is going to kill is all unless we rapidly switch, it seems like it would be worth a nuclear plant or moving a wetland to put in a copper mine

Well sure, but the doom and gloom over nuclear energy is so f'n high, dumbass lefties will never concede that it's the best option. Despite that, from everything I've read, any nuclear accidents were human error. We'd probably be ok if we didn't hire a bunch of homer simpsons to do these jobs solo.

Build the fucking plant and double staff every damn position to hopefully counter the occasional moron

Yet you have this admin turning down mines and nuke permits. They want us to buy from dictators, whom they apparently have financial beneficial to them. There’s no other explanation

Stupid fucking millennial progressives are at a loss now they can’t blame every bad thing in the world on how bad the US is

https://twitter.com/ibrahimalassil/status/1498357325060579328?s=21

Yeah, pretty boring except watching Harris mouth whatever Biden was supposed to say.

Also funny how Biden lead off talking about all his giveaways as a way to combat inflation, like subsidizing childcare and healthcare, because as everyone knows, government giving out more money Is sure to make prices drop.

Back