Politics Politics

Timcast reports that new info says police weren't aware of the shooter on the building for 2 minutes, but 26 minutes. Those buildings were also the police staging grounds. Not one cop radioed secret service, to current knowledge, to get Trump off the stage.

The best thing about that pick is his age. How old everyone is has been a talking point lately.
Yeah I think that was a big point in his favor

I recall recommending the book hillbilly elegy ages ago, which is exactly like everyone I grew up with.

When is the last time a Republican president or vp came from a poor background? Clinton, Johnson and to a certain extent even Obama were from modest means. This transition mirrors the parties change from blue collar dems to Rs. Dems are now the party of the elite.

Timcast reports that new info says police weren't aware of the shooter on the building for 2 minutes, but 26 minutes. Those buildings were also the police staging grounds. Not one cop radioed secret service, to current knowledge, to get Trump off the stage.
There is so much red meat for tin foil - the shooter was in a blackrock video ffs

Anyone see the ss with trump at the rnc? All big dudes

Yeah I think that was a big point in his favor

I recall recommending the book hillbilly elegy ages ago, which is exactly like everyone I grew up with.

When is the last time a Republican president or vp came from a poor background? Clinton, Johnson and to a certain extent even Obama were from modest means. This transition mirrors the parties change from blue collar dems to Rs. Dems are now the party of the elite.
I bought that book yesterday, read about 10% of if, interesting.

It helped me understand how I grew up, and my innate distrust of rich people lol

Also people are really mad at Ohio state for this

You grew up in Indiana, right, and assume the area you grew up was where KY folks ended up during the migration mentioned in the book? I grew up around some of the folks in his book, though they weren’t from Appalachia, just poor Scot-Irish. My mothers dads family were from NC, and her grandfather walked from NC to N FL to get away from some hillbilly gang stuff. I remember this old dude who bought coon hides & aluminum cans who never had a SS #, or so the legend said.

You grew up in Indiana, right, and assume the area you grew up was where KY folks ended up during the migration mentioned in the book? I grew up around some of the folks in his book, though they weren’t from Appalachia, just poor Scot-Irish. My mothers dads family were from NC, and her grandfather walked from NC to N FL to get away from some hillbilly gang stuff. I remember this old dude who bought coon hides & aluminum cans who never had a SS #, or so the legend said.
In Illinois, yeah. Smaller town than JDs but yeah companies would bring whole families from Kentucky. My babysitter was just like his grandmother. She would regularly threaten anyone who said anything bad about me or my family, including late stages of cpd on an oxygen tank lol. You might have observed some of that hillbilly rubbed off on me

Most people seem soft to me compared to my hometown.

Back