Politics Politics

Interesting interview with Lauren Boebert on what's happening. She claims they started negotiations in July with Mccarthy. They were conceding to a lot of what he wanted, but they reached a standstill because Mccarthy basically told them he doesn't need their votes because of the red wave he's creating, so fuck the trumpers. The red wave didn't happen and now he needs those votes, but he's already told them to fuck up months ago and supposedly he's now lying about all the negotiations they had back then and what the holdouts were willing to concede too. So it's more personal/hurt feelings issue.

A big contention point is that Thomas Jefferson wrote in specifically that any 1 member can make a motion to vacate the Speaker position if the party thinks he's doing a bad job. Pelosi was the first to get rid of that so she could rule as she pleases. Boebert and others wanted that re-instated and Mccarthy said no.

Keep the holdout as far as I'm concerned if you want the power to never be questioned. You can't claim to be for the people or abide by the Constitution if you disregard shit that Jefferson put in for a reason.

Juggs said:
Interesting interview with Lauren Boebert on what's happening. She claims they started negotiations in July with Mccarthy. They were conceding to a lot of what he wanted, but they reached a standstill because Mccarthy basically told them he doesn't need their votes because of the red wave he's creating, so fuck the trumpers. The red wave didn't happen and now he needs those votes, but he's already told them to fuck up months ago and supposedly he's now lying about all the negotiations they had back then and what the holdouts were willing to concede too. So it's more personal/hurt feelings issue.

A big contention point is that Thomas Jefferson wrote in specifically that any 1 member can make a motion to vacate the Speaker position if the party thinks he's doing a bad job. Pelosi was the first to get rid of that so she could rule as she pleases. Boebert and others wanted that re-instated and Mccarthy said no.

Keep the holdout as far as I'm concerned if you want the power to never be questioned. You can't claim to be for the people or abide by the Constitution if you disregard shit that Jefferson put in for a reason.

Based on what’s going on I don’t want the one vote deal, it’ll be a fucking clown show every time one of these assholes wants attention. Five votes really isn’t that difficult if there is any chance of leadership change and it keeps the clowns from getting that platform by themselves.

52:20 said:
Juggs said:

Based on what’s going on I don’t want the one vote deal, it’ll be a fucking clown show every time one of these assholes wants attention. Five votes really isn’t that difficult if there is any chance of leadership change and it keeps the clowns from getting that platform by themselves.
Fair point, but I don't think it matters. This shit show started with 20 and that number increased. If you have 1, you'll have 5 or 10. I don't give a shit what reasonably low number they choose, but to eliminate it 100% and refuse to reinstate is outright corruption.

We need a giant sinkhole there & start over, or an asteroid strike works, take out the whole area, sorry EG

Juggs said:
52:20 said:
Juggs said:

Fair point, but I don't think it matters. This shit show started with 20 and that number increased. If you have 1, you'll have 5 or 10. I don't give a shit what reasonably low number they choose, but to eliminate it 100% and refuse to reinstate is outright corruption.
He already agreed to the 5 vote version.

I know it’s fun to say burn it all down, but here’s what could happen - could easily get someone far less conservative than McCarthy. Some of the stuff the dissenters want sounds good like forcing votes on conservative principals, but that kind of messaging (since would stand no chance of passing a dem senate) and would only harm rs in swing districts. It’s all dumb and could easily end up with a worse situation- less hearings and accountability for the corrupt Bidens. They know this and don’t care - they are in it for themselves. Please don’t be fooled by the tantrums

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1611360203034828802?s=46&t=4NYMOcF9kzgP4bdcxxpDqQ

What a dick Goetz looks like. Bragging they ran out of things to ask for and then holding this all up like a spoiled little baby, Rep from Bama tried to get in his face and got face palmed back by another rep lol.

And Boebert...like his little gf.

I wouldn't care about it all that much except it only proves the point that the Right will never stick together or do what it takes to stick it to the Left the way liberals will goose step together when they have to

Juggs said:
I wouldn't care about it all that much except it only proves the point that the Right will never stick together or do what it takes to stick it to the Left the way liberals will goose step together when they have to

Yep.

They had one of the strongest Presidents in Trump, in terms of doing what he wanted without giving a shit about "politics" but he still couldn't get anything done even with control of Congress. Weak ass Paul Ryan and the never Trumpers made sure of that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/conservatives-take-aim-at-tenure-for-university-professors/ar-AA166ihM?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=4a60d9055bc943e8b0717a4b437f7086

what a ridiculous article

Juggs said:
Is that good or bad? Is actually being used on foreign terrorist suspects or is it, as everything else the feds do, grossly abused?

well here's a list of what I consider abuse:
-spying on the trump campaign and leaking to make it look like Russian collusion which we all know was dreamt up by Hilary and FBI knowingly propogated
-not one arrest in violent attacks and arson on prolife centers but raids on homes of nonviolent prolife protestors
-dozens of former intel heads saying that the Hunter laptop was russian disinfo when they 100% knew it was not
-documented collusion with twitter and facebook etc to ban wrongthink on covid
-documented collusion with social media on Hunter's laptop and anything to make trump look bad and whitewash Biden
-leaks to make Trump look bad and hide Biden problems
-the raid on Mar a lago

the list goes on and on. if they are doing this to trump and abortion foes, what are they doing to everyone else? I have friends and family in this field and have always been a defender but fuck me, they have some accounting to do.

Soooo, all this hell raising over the evils of Trump having classified (declassified by him possibly?) at his home. Biden said it was irresponsible and unthinkable (ignoring the Hillary server debacle).....

Classified documents were found at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement from Biden's time as VP. So we can impeach him, yeah?

Back