Politics Politics

Evil gator said:
but I think a more sinister view is that they are still affiliated with gov agencies and in addition to keeping these companies out of trouble are doing the deep stare bidding. Certainly the Twitter files, in particular the one covered by shellenberger a few days ago, would lead a reasonable person to at least suspect this.

That's the point here. I don't believe for a second they are truly "ex" CIA or FBI when the deep state has their hands all over controlling the social media platforms.

Evil gator said:
It’s been the lead story all over the msm. No comparisons - all look at this lying R it’s trump all over!!!!

Really? My feed was strangely empty. I just assumed most politicians get a pass (except Trump). But admittedly I’m not paying too close attention lately. Cut back a little on political YouTube channels as well.

Juggs said:
Evil gator said:
It’s been the lead story all over the msm. No comparisons - all look at this lying R it’s trump all over!!!!

Really? My feed was strangely empty. I just assumed most politicians get a pass (except Trump). But admittedly I’m not paying too close attention lately. Cut back a little on political YouTube channels as well.

yeah even though I rarely click thru on msm outlets it was top on my google news and on nightly news etc. I do tend to get more political news than most though

That’s quite a dress.

https://twitter.com/repnancymace/status/1610334888326037504?s=61&t=YevondghhyNDvu9nVRcbQA

They aren't terrorists, but they have made their point and should give in. Apparently McCarthy has given them a bunch of shit in negotiations.

90% of the Pubs want him. They shouldn't have their wishes just tossed.

Irish Mike said:
They aren't terrorists, but they have made their point and should give in. Apparently McCarthy has given them a bunch of shit in negotiations.

Here's the weird part: Trump openly supported and encouraged them to say Yay to McCarthy. Obviously the 20 Nay's are Trump's biggest supporters. So WTF is the deal there?

As a general rule, I have a hard time saying just give it to him when he sided with the Dems on 1/6.

Juggs said:
Irish Mike said:

Here's the weird part: Trump openly supported and encouraged them to say Yay to McCarthy. Obviously the 20 Nay's are Trump's biggest supporters. So WTF is the deal there?

As a general rule, I have a hard time saying just give it to him when he sided with the Dems on 1/6.

It is just proof that Trump doesn't have the sway he thinks he has.

I don't know or like McCarthy, I am just saying that if 90% of the elected republicans want the guy, the 10% should fight for some concessions, take what they can get, and then move on.

Trump definitely doesn't. My guess is the 20 Trumpers who supported him saw that Trump now supports the guy who attacked them, they turned on Trump too and now stand on their own.

I really can't say shit though without looking to see exactly how McCarthy voted on some of Biden's bills. Did he vote to send money to Ukraine? Any of that shit, then fuck him

Juggs said:
Trump definitely doesn't. My guess is the 20 Trumpers who supported him saw that Trump now supports the guy who attacked them, they turned on Trump too and now stand on their own.

I really can't say shit though without looking to see exactly how McCarthy voted on some of Biden's bills. Did he vote to send money to Ukraine? Any of that shit, then fuck him

I'm going to say it is likely he voted to send money to Ukraine.

Screenshot_20230104_173356_jpg-2660533.jpg

So I am friends with a lot of Republicans here who worked on the hill and who generally agree on stuff. this one is different. It boils down to:

-Mccarthy raised a SHIT ton of $$ for republicans, which had a huge impact on them taking back the house. No one else did nearly the amount of work he did. Keep in mind the areas where seats were picked up were with more mainstream less trumpy/conservative candidates (ie like him)
-no viable candidate has stepped forward. I love Donalds be he's not going to get the votes. Mccarthy would be nuts to step aside
-the main disagreement is what concessions McCarthy has given to this group - there seem to be different takes on THAT. Pro McCarthy seems to think he's already given too much, as in it will be easy for a small number to remove him; and the anti McCarthy seem to think he hasn't given enough, or at least should have nipped this in the bud earlier (though it sounds like he thought he had)

Ultimately its a temper tantrum, that prevents this congress from forming committees and setting up hearings to hold this awful administration accountable for corruption, afghanistan, covid policy, etc. I feel like the ones doing this are seeking attention and not as interested in holding the Biden admin to account. Congress can't get things like security briefings so this delay isn't good.

Back