Politics Politics

Were politicians this incompetent back in the day? When I was young I didn't like certain pols, but at least I thought they were intelligent and were serious folks trying to build a better nation. But lately it's hard to identify any as serious thinkers. Biden is certainly a buffoon. Trump seemed like he was in it only to expand his brand. Any number of reps and senators on both sides of the aisle strike me as morons.

Am I just suffering from being older and wiser? Has social media exposed just how dumb these people really are?

Frankly, I'm a little frightened. There are no adults in the room.

I don't think trump wanted to expand his brand. I think he truly wanted to make America better. To actually drain the swamp. I think he had enough money already. He could have just enjoyed life, played golf, and not added all this bullshit to his plate. But unwittingly due to people like you, he facilitated the election of the most corrupt president ever. If he is the 2024 nominee, hopefully your tds is in remission by then.

DocZaius said:
Were politicians this incompetent back in the day? When I was young I didn't like certain pols, but at least I thought they were intelligent and were serious folks trying to build a better nation. But lately it's hard to identify any as serious thinkers. Biden is certainly a buffoon. Trump seemed like he was in it only to expand his brand. Any number of reps and senators on both sides of the aisle strike me as morons.

Am I just suffering from being older and wiser? Has social media exposed just how dumb these people really are?

Biden has always been retarded... judging from the tv clips I've seen.

I think the media has become incredibly biased and activists, so they hide some stuff and pursue a narrative that isn't true. Trump is certainty an egotistical bore, but his policies were in most cases good for average americans. I don't think his brand has improved.

because of the actvist media, its much harder to get good republicans to run, because even someone as squeaky clean as Romney was made a monster. Really solid guys like Mitch Daniels who had some personal stuff not even their fault (his wife fucked around), don't want to subject themselves and their kids to that. its fucking brutal.

For instance, look at how Massie, MTG and Lauren Bobert are treated compared to the squad and Hank Johnson, who said Guam would tip over and suggested republicans planted the docs in Biden's garage. For someone who doesn't spend a ton of time on this like you, Doc, and other normies, the stories are all about Rs being nuts when they are a bit rough but have some actual serious policy positions that are reasonable and would help people, unlike the squad etc. The media biases your take on this, more than you realize. They selectively make some people more clowny than they deserve.

ufgators68 said:
DocZaius said:

Biden has always been retarded... judging from the tv clips I've seen.

well the standards have changed - biden was shamed out of primaries for cribbing a speech in the 80s, which was covered relatively fairly in the news. This is pretty harmless compared to his lies, but the coverage is way different. And people are more partisan. A huge amount have been tricked into thinking the alternative is so awful they have to go with the lying buffoon.

but there's also that people don't want to think much...biden was shown as less harmful than Trump and on the surface, he is more likable.

Evil gator said:
I think the media has become incredibly biased and activists, so they hide some stuff and pursue a narrative that isn't true. Trump is certainty an egotistical bore, but his policies were in most cases good for average americans. I don't think his brand has improved.

because of the actvist media, its much harder to get good republicans to run, because even someone as squeaky clean as Romney was made a monster. Really solid guys like Mitch Daniels who had some personal stuff not even their fault (his wife fucked around), don't want to subject themselves and their kids to that. its fucking brutal.

Yeah, if he did this to improve the brand, he fucked up royally. Half the nation now boycotts anything with the Trump name on it.

There is still a media element defending this and how it is not comparable to trump (watch cnn for 10 minutes), but i think there is a growing disconnect from more moderate media, who still hate trump, but are realizing they elected and are backing a very flawed, corrupt, career politician. Exactly what they hated before tds made them lose all perspective.

So yeah, I think it would have come out.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-frans-reparations-committee-proposes-5-million-each-longtime-black-resident-total-debt-forgiveness

Back