Politics Politics

Juggs said:
Yep, morons. Also, fuck unions.

the lack of usefulness is hard to argue, esp for government employees, who aren't generally put into unsafe conditions. The one for EPA demands more bathrooms and stupid shit like that. The federal unions have mostly negotiated stay at home policies so they are more useless than ever. probably no relation to IRS only answering 1/10th of their phone calls.

Yep, there aren't kids in the coal mines anymore. They're irrelevant and serve no purpose but for people to use self perceived injustice to work less and have less personal responsibility within their profession

Speaking of unions, they and corruption have been the destruction of my home state over my lifetime

https://twitter.com/illinoispolicy/status/1580730860008968194?s=46&t=VG50Ajy1cdhl0kv9GLjpTg

One of my friends is a secretary at a state college and a union rep and they have separate union contracts for certain types of cleaners. It is a fucking morass that Dems created to get their sweet sweet cash and power

Juggs said:
State amendment 3 - How do we feel about additional homestead exemptions for civil servants? Does everyone want their property taxes to go up for the cops and teachers? Probably not. If they stopped at military, I'd be ok. But they throw in basically everyone who works for the local or state governments from what I browsed through.

If it covers nurses, cool. If not, hell no.

Also, don't give the county another dime for roads. They misspent all the $$ they already got.

Panamag8or said:
Juggs said:
State amendment 3 - How do we feel about additional homestead exemptions for civil servants? Does everyone want their property taxes to go up for the cops and teachers? Probably not. If they stopped at military, I'd be ok. But they throw in basically everyone who works for the local or state governments from what I browsed through.

If it covers nurses, cool. If not, hell no.

Also, don't give the county another dime for roads. They misspent all the $$ they already got.
I don't remember, but it's getting a fuck no vote anyway

the infrastructure act has a shit ton of money in it that the DOT should be starting to distribute soon if not already. I've def vote no because how much cash can they possibly need?

Interesting: Dems appear to have fucked up abortion. Because their donor class wants zero restrictions on abortion (up to the moment of birth) Dems have taken what was perceived to be a winning point earlier this summer into a loser. By not adopting a first trimester limit and saying crazy shit like lack of abortion caused inflation, now makes Dems seem crazy

https://twitter.com/nro/status/1583175467775176705?s=46&t=LepxaLaK8HOhtF_dU89p0Q

Juggs you are no longer on Twitter but I thought you’d enjoy this and the comments.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1583068735480688640?s=46&t=ay0LNelqAw4i7yl1B2ZiHA

He won a Nobel in Economics. Experts continue to be morons

are ignored by politicians, and are mocked and derided in popular culture

The paragraphs prior to this statement prove the point when he basically calls rural folks stupid. Then he goes on to say that it's only a perceived injustice and not a fact that city liberals speak down to country folk. No, it's a fucking fact. Then he goes on to say it's a threat to democracy because the electoral college works as it was fucking intended.

The liberals in the comments section, good god. Yes, country folk act entitled :s uicide: Echoing that they're over represented beacuse our Founders were clear that a small handful of tribal cities shouldn't dictate the lives of the entire land mass.

Fuck we need a civil war.

Yeah there is always this circular reasoning and they think it makes sense because they are useless and miserable and need to feel superior to rubes.

Country folk don't have the same priorities as me, therefore country folk vote against their own self interest, therefore, they are dumb.

country folk are smart enough to see that "free" healthcare or child care or whatever other government boondoggle ends up costing more, and that you have to give up basic freedoms so its doubly a bad idea.

I mean I live in a city, and hear my neighbors, who are generally high ranking at some gov bureaucracy or NFP and influence policy, say the absolute stupidist fucking lib talking point on an issue; and then I read an absolute perfect take from a hs classmate who runs her dads garage and cuts hair on the side. I mean the classmate will likely use poor grammar, but its generally right.

but the thing is these geniuses are from some rich suburb of NYC and don't have any hs classmates who think different than them, they don't actually speak with anyone without a degree other than the building guy who fixes our toilets.

Biden to continue to tap emergency oil reserves to lower gas prices. And denies it's political.

Yeah, right until midterms are done.

He also said that his administration has done NOTHING to reduce oil production and "in fact, it's just the opposite".

2022 can't get here fast enough. I can't believe this, but I'd rather see Harris as POTUS for the next 2 years.

A group of retards glued their hands to the floor at VW to protest gas cars. Then they tweeted complaining about how VW supported their right to protest, but refused to deliver them buckets to pee and shit in.

Juggs said:
Biden to continue to tap emergency oil reserves to lower gas prices. And denies it's political.

Yeah, right until midterms are done.

He also said that his administration has done NOTHING to reduce oil production and "in fact, it's just the opposite".

2022 can't get here fast enough. I can't believe this, but I'd rather see Harris as POTUS for the next 2 years.

begging OPEC to hold off reducing until after the election is worse than what Trump got impeached for.

Keep in mind a year ago dems were pressuring US oil companies to reduce production, now those same members are proposing legislation to punish the Saudis for doing the SAME FUCKING THING and apparently I'm the only one who remembers this.

Back