Politics Politics

Juggs said:
Tommy said:
Dummy potus just spoke and said it’s up to voters to vote in pro choice candidates, Evil nailed it… would be funny if the RNC came out and said it supports pro choice, but they’re likely too dumb to solidify a strong victory in the mid-terns.

This ban on abortion that some governors have done is a stupid fucking move for the party. It's an over correction/reaction to the far left and not taking into account most people are reasonable about abortion. A 3 month term limit on abortion unless the mom is in danger is a reasonable compromise I think the majority of Americans would get behind. But nope, retards have to double down on banning it altogether or something as soon as 6 weeks when sometimes women don't even realize they're pregnant yet.

I haven't really been following it, but the bit that I did hear kept mentioning 15 weeks, which seems reasonable.

6 weeks is new to me. And stupid.

Don't know how many of you look at the super-secret part of the site, but I posted a thread there about a weird connection I have to a judicial nominee:

https://www.alligatorunderground.com/viewtopic.php?p=25956#p25956

Irish Mike said:
Juggs said:
Tommy said:
Dummy potus just spoke and said it’s up to voters to vote in pro choice candidates, Evil nailed it… would be funny if the RNC came out and said it supports pro choice, but they’re likely too dumb to solidify a strong victory in the mid-terns.

This ban on abortion that some governors have done is a stupid fucking move for the party. It's an over correction/reaction to the far left and not taking into account most people are reasonable about abortion. A 3 month term limit on abortion unless the mom is in danger is a reasonable compromise I think the majority of Americans would get behind. But nope, retards have to double down on banning it altogether or something as soon as 6 weeks when sometimes women don't even realize they're pregnant yet.

I haven't really been following it, but the bit that I did hear kept mentioning 15 weeks, which seems reasonable.

2 or 3 states did the 6 week thing and if IIRC, Desantis said wthin the last few days he's going after 6 weeks also.

His first bad move imo.

Tommy said:
I guess DeSantis is prepping for the Pub nomination, why the F else would he say this nonsense?
Is Trump pro abortion? I can't think of any other reason.....those 2 are going to butt heads and it's nothing but bad for the party. Desantis would be a great f'n POTUS and it'd suck to see Trump or his own party rip into him before the libs do

I think the get all of the stupid pubs in his camp, he felt the need to be stupid himself. If he came out moderate, he loses the “religious right” = stupid pubs.

Irish Mike said:
Juggs said:
Tommy said:

You can't test for major issues (brain not forming, down's, etc) until 16 weeks, according to the L&D nurse I married. She doesn't like abortion, but is against Roe being overturned, because of "old white men telling me what to do". She is all about a ban after viability... around 22-24 weeks, though. That seems like a good compromise.

Panamag8or said:
Irish Mike said:
Juggs said:

You can't test for major issues (brain not forming, down's, etc) until 16 weeks, according to the L&D nurse I married. She doesn't like abortion, but is against Roe being overturned, because of "old white men telling me what to do". She is all about a ban after viability... around 22-24 weeks, though. That seems like a good compromise.
That should be part of the medical issues IMO. 5.5-6 months is pretty late to abort just because you decide you don't want the baby. And let's be realistic, the majority of abortions don't occur because of deformation.

Panamag8or said:
Irish Mike said:
Juggs said:

yeah 6 weeks is only one missed period.

However, the "old white men" are the ones who decided Roe vs. Wade

Evil gator said:
Panamag8or said:
Irish Mike said:

yeah 6 weeks is only one missed period.

However, the "old white men" are the ones who decided Roe vs. Wade

6 weeks, they should just stop pretending they want to allow abortion at all and say to completely ban it.

But a lot happens between 3 or 4 months and 6 months, IIRC, which is why we should stop trying to lump every scenario into one law. Health related pregnancy issues should be parental choice at any period in the pregnancy and not relevant to law on most abortions of perfectly healthy people who just don't want the kid or are wishy washy.

yeah the brain worms are also saying that interracial marriage is now on the block - Justice Thomas is working on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil gator said:

yeah the brain worms are also saying that interracial marriage is now on the block - Justice Thomas is working on it!

That’s one way to get out of a marriage

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've told the story about our termination before. Our baby had a serious brain deformity and we ultimately had an abortion at around 16 weeks as a result. It was awful. The clinic was a shit-show. In the waiting room, there was a retarded girl getting an abortion and screaming at her dad that she wanted to keep her baby and that he was sinning by making her get an abortion.

The clinic folks took pity on us and got us out of the waiting room. I was not allowed to go back for the procedure or to the recovery room, but my wife reported that the recovery room was full of skanky black women who swapped stories about how many they've had, comparing this experience to their last one, laughing and joking about it, etc. You can imagine how my wife felt.

I do believe that abortion should remain legal and available because there are so many circumstances where it's for the best. But I also think using abortion as a convenient way to get rid of an inconvenient child is an affront against humanity.

I guess this fits into "Politics":

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/03/05/sri-lanka-organic-farming-crisis/

tl;dr: Government bans synthetic fertilizers and pesticides and as a result, production falls and food prices surge. More people in poverty.

DocZaius said:
I guess this fits into "Politics":

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/03/05/sri-lanka-organic-farming-crisis/

tl;dr: Government bans synthetic fertilizers and pesticides and as a result, production falls and food prices surge. More people in poverty.
Yes this is atrocious- Biden official was just saying how their purposeful war on oil and gas cutting fertilizer is a good opportunity to use “natural” methods

My niece after reading the leak has determined that this will make gay marriage illegal in many states but make it illegal to even be gay in 13 states.

Her dad is ex military, conservative and owns about 70 guns.

Our educational system sucks.

[mention]DocZaius[/mention] , I've read 5 articles that say 5 different things. Is this opinion by Alito a result of a vote on the issue or is it just Alito's opinion? Has the vote already happened and now they are just forming the published opinions?

Irish Mike said:
@DocZaius , I've read 5 articles that say 5 different things. Is this opinion by Alito a result of a vote on the issue or is it just Alito's opinion? Has the vote already happened and now they are just forming the published opinions?

Hard to say, but I think this was written after the justices took a preliminary vote on the matter. The justices have been known to try to persuade each other to change positions, which is why this kind of leak can be so damaging. They need to know that they can discuss the cases without political and public pressure being put on them during their deliberative time.

Back