Politics Politics

Why is Obama speaking at the White House and why is Biden getting on the mic and saying he's VP to Obama? The entire thing was....weird and pointless. Are they trying to boost his ratings by bringing Obama around to speak about his "accomplishments"

Juggs said:
Are they trying to boost his ratings by bringing Obama around to speak about his "accomplishments"

Yes. I think a lot of folks (myself included), thought that Biden's administration would be similar to Obama's. What we got was a blend of identity politics and incompetence. I didn't agree with a lot of Obama's policies, but I at least felt like his folks had some measure of competence in running the Executive Branch. I don't get that from Biden at all - I don't know who's in charge and I don't think he does, either. So of course they want to bring in Obama to try to salvage what is almost certainly an overwhelming red wave in November. There were some local elections and primaries around the country last week where places like Kenosha, Wisconsin flipped red in the wake of Democratic mishandling of the BLM riots, covid and trying to radicalize children in schools.

The Dems have overplayed their hand in the culture wars and the normies are waking up to it. Plus, inflation is out of control and no one knows what to do about Russia.

So yeah, the Democrats need to remind people of a time when they were in charge and things weren't so bad. Obama led them us out of a recession and we had some decent years (although I'd argue that his Presidency laid a lot of the groundwork for the shit we're seeing today, but Americans don't have memories that long).

DocZaius said:
Juggs said:
Are they trying to boost his ratings by bringing Obama around to speak about his "accomplishments"

Yes. I think a lot of folks (myself included), thought that Biden's administration would be similar to Obama's. What we got was a blend of identity politics and incompetence. I didn't agree with a lot of Obama's policies, but I at least felt like his folks had some measure of competence in running the Executive Branch. I don't get that from Biden at all - I don't know who's in charge and I don't think he does, either. So of course they want to bring in Obama to try to salvage what is almost certainly an overwhelming red wave in November. There were some local elections and primaries around the country last week where places like Kenosha, Wisconsin flipped red in the wake of Democratic mishandling of the BLM riots, covid and trying to radicalize children in schools.

The Dems have overplayed their hand in the culture wars and the normies are waking up to it. Plus, inflation is out of control and no one knows what to do about Russia.

So yeah, the Democrats need to remind people of a time when they were in charge and things weren't so bad. Obama led them us out of a recession and we had some decent years (although I'd argue that his Presidency laid a lot of the groundwork for the shit we're seeing today, but Americans don't have memories that long).

Obama started the culture wars. I didn't like most of his policies either, but yeah he seemed competent at least (or maybe being articulate made it appear that way). But being elected in large part solely because he's black and then the security guard shooting the thug and Obama comparing that to his own child instigated the culture war. Yeah I've already forgotten the names of those 2. It was the beginning of the end right there.

Just hope the pubs don’t f it up by being idiots & going after abortion & gay marriage & other social issues, they’ll crush the dems.

Tommy said:
Just hope the pubs don’t f it up by being idiots & going after abortion & gay marriage & other social issues, they’ll crush the dems.

no one cares about gay marriage anymore, I can't recall the last time I've seen anyone mention it and I've been consuming a lot of con media lately. I think the con position that gender identity isn't appropriate for 5 year olds isn't a losing position - I think with both parties moving left over the past few years, the republicans can def win in this space - see Youngkin's anti CRT. R social issues that win: not masking kids, not shutting down the economy, not teaching white kids to hate each other or supporting sterlizing minors or having field trips to tranny shoes, boys in girls sports, not hating cops, letting criminals roam free, etc.

These kinds of issues are getting record numbers of minorities registered as Rs. This article is pretty good
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-registrations-surge-in-pennsylvania-in-warning-sign-for-democrats/ar-AAVXr5y?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=805f614483d84df68ccb09ef36d76d93

now not being crazy is harder for Rs.

DocZaius said:
Juggs said:

A lot of the Obama admin was dumb luck and american ingenuity and them not acting fast enough to quell it. Fracking, for example, was enormous to the economy.

The reason a lot of normies thought this about Biden was because of the legacy MSM inflating every Trump gaffe into a crisis, minimizing or burying anything good happening in that administration, and hiding all of Biden's major problems. He's a serial liar and grifter and I'm saddened that so many fell for it, ignored the red flags on Immigration and energy which are wildly important.

His whole administration is being directed by far left activitist with dark money ties and look at what we've become. I hope normies like you wake up and aren't fooled into weakening our country further.

Evil gator said:
Tommy said:

no one cares about gay marriage anymore, I can't recall the last time I've seen anyone mention it and I've been consuming a lot of con media lately. I think the con position that gender identity isn't appropriate for 5 year olds isn't a losing position - I think with both parties moving left over the past few years, the republicans can def win in this space - see Youngkin's anti CRT. R social issues that win: not masking kids, not shutting down the economy, not teaching white kids to hate each other or supporting sterlizing minors or having field trips to tranny shoes, boys in girls sports, not hating cops, letting criminals roam free, etc.

These kinds of issues are getting record numbers of minorities registered as Rs. This article is pretty good
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-registrations-surge-in-pennsylvania-in-warning-sign-for-democrats/ar-AAVXr5y?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=805f614483d84df68ccb09ef36d76d93

Yeah, facebook friend in Maryland just posted about her kids finally getting to do normal things. Being in Florida it's hard to imagine that they are just now getting back to normal. We are very lucky to have a sane state government.

The "don't say gay bill" branding by the democrats is blowing up in their faces as well. The polling on it is insane, especially when people find out what the bill really says. The democrats are so focused on a culture war they are alienating 75% of the population. Being hyperbolic in their messaging to the point they are is backfiring on them as well.

yeah its been terrible here for kids. One friend paid a lot to move to Bethesda, MD for a good school for his kid with learning issues, and now has him in a private school because he has slipped so far behind because he was unable to learn on zoom or wear a mask. His wife quit her job at their synagogue to start a pod kindergarten for their youngest.

Most of the official restrictions are gone but my friend and I were the only ones in some stores here last week not wearing masks, even though no one is hospitalized or dying. Going out to places like Nebraska and Nashville were a nice change.

52:20 said:
Evil gator said:
Tommy said:

Yeah, facebook friend in Maryland just posted about her kids finally getting to do normal things. Being in Florida it's hard to imagine that they are just now getting back to normal. We are very lucky to have a sane state government.

The "don't say gay bill" branding by the democrats is blowing up in their faces as well. The polling on it is insane, especially when people find out what the bill really says. The democrats are so focused on a culture war they are alienating 75% of the population. Being hyperbolic in their messaging to the point they are is backfiring on them as well.
I heard a news report that said the polling right now is worse for the dems than it was at this point in 2010 when the pubs flipped a record number of house seats in the mid terms.

I've never seen a time when the vast majority of the population aligns with republican positions. But never before has all of the cultural power (media, colleges, government, etc) been so dominated by the left.

and the only way that the left has to rally its base is through fear. I read daily on Twitter how republicans want to take away civil rights like taking away interracial marriage and other absolute bonkers shit. I'm sure Clarence Thomas is totally ready to overturn Loving v. Virginia. Prepare for an absolute bloodbath that if you support an R you're a hateful bigot because its going to be worse than ever. If you don't think some kid should be castrated you're the same as a slaveowner. The left has become vd.

Evil gator said:
I've never seen a time when the vast majority of the population aligns with republican positions. But never before has all of the cultural power (media, colleges, government, etc) been so dominated by the left.

and the only way that the left has to rally its base is through fear. I read daily on Twitter how republicans want to take away civil rights like taking away interracial marriage and other absolute bonkers shit. I'm sure Clarence Thomas is totally ready to overturn Loving v. Virginia. Prepare for an absolute bloodbath that if you support an R you're a hateful bigot because its going to be worse than ever. If you don't think some kid should be castrated you're the same as a slaveowner. The left has become vd.

Yeah it's absurd that the R's are more centrist than ever and they're painted as radicals who want to kill gays and lynch blacks in the streets, which was supposed to happen under Trump. Yet the only black man hung was faked by himself.

Juggs said:
Evil gator said:

Yeah it's absurd that the R's are more centrist than ever and they're painted as radicals who want to kill gays and lynch blacks in the streets, which was supposed to happen under Trump. Yet the only black man hung was faked by himself.
basically all the horrible shit that was supposed to happen under trump has happened under Biden in one year but I'm assured by the elites that everything is fine!

DocZaius said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10689445/Whistleblower-handed-Hunter-Bidens-laptop-congressmen-fled-Switzerland.html

The real story is that he’s recovered 450GB of old data and is going to release it.

He'll be Breitbart'd

Juggs said:
DocZaius said:
Juggs said:

Obama started the culture wars. I didn't like most of his policies either, but yeah he seemed competent at least (or maybe being articulate made it appear that way). But being elected in large part solely because he's black and then the security guard shooting the thug and Obama comparing that to his own child instigated the culture war. Yeah I've already forgotten the names of those 2. It was the beginning of the end right there.

Trayvon Martin. SAY HIS NAME!

Evil gator said:
Juggs said:
Evil gator said:

basically all the horrible shit that was supposed to happen under trump has happened under Biden in one year but I'm assured by the elites that everything is fine!
Of course everything is fine, Biden made sure hanging is illegal

Why is so f’n hard for the Ds to see that they’re about to get their ass kicked, by backing the loons on all this nonsensical crap? I see these dipshits here in AVL doing their virtue signaling bs, trying to fit in I suppose, but most appear to be loser types. I’ve yet to meet a rational, “successful” person who believes all this bs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kenosha-county-office-flips-to-republicans-after-democrats-made-excuses-for-black-lives-matter-rioting/ar-AAVZ2Vk?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=03f685e3eba64e49b9577058b42cdf67

R's have been very good at getting good candidates to be governor and running state governments but we've seen the impact of allowing cities to be run by D's. R's tend to be capitalists running businesses who aren't interested in being gov employees (unlike Ds) and so naturally they have let D's do this but its created some really terrible policies we have to live with. Its good to see R's reversing this trend with school boards and other local offices. Normies need to lead

Back