Politics Politics

Evil gator said:
Scotus just dropped Bruen decision which conservative Twitter is telling me outlaws concealed carry restrictions. Interested in docs and Guntard take.

I’m hoping it makes a mugger more worried I am packing and leave me alone

I've only vaguely followed this since Florida is a must-issue state.

Does the Bruen decision only make it legal for non-felons to carry without a permit or does it also make open carry legal everywhere?

Here's SCOTUSBlog's synopsis: https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/in-6-3-ruling-court-strikes-down-new-yorks-concealed-carry-law/

In summary, it's unconstitutional to require someone to show a "special need" before the state allows you to carry a firearm in public. It recognizes that "the people" have a right not just to "keep" arms but to "bear" them.

I don't know if the opinion addresses this directly, but I've always considered that the government may stop you from carrying openly or carrying concealed - but not both.

"Breyer faulted his colleagues for striking down the New York law without a record that would allow it to determine how the New York scheme actually works in practice."

I'll tell you how it works in practice, Justice Breyer: no one can lawfully carry a gun unless they have political connections. That's been the New York way for decades now.

Take that Breyer!

Yeah that is always the dem point when you complain about a law or reg, how does this actually harm you? Rather than proving why a restriction is needed.

In a statement, President Joe Biden said he was "deeply disappointed" by the ruling, adding that the decision "contradicts both common sense and the Constitution, and should deeply trouble us all."

I’d love to hear how this ruling contradicts the Constitution. FFS someone put a muzzle on this retard.

Juggs said:
In a statement, President Joe Biden said he was "deeply disappointed" by the ruling, adding that the decision "contradicts both common sense and the Constitution, and should deeply trouble us all."

I’d love to hear how this ruling contradicts the Constitution. FFS someone put a muzzle on this retard.

Nah. Let him keep talking.

Juggs said:
Evil gator said:
The pro life protesters look far less smelly than the pro choice ones
Always the case.

Left wing protestors are always more obnoxious, screaming repetitive and nonsensical gibberish, violent, and skanky.

I've never seen an exception.
With a few exceptions most of the j6 rioters weren’t that sloppy lol

Evil gator said:
Juggs said:
Evil gator said:
The pro life protesters look far less smelly than the pro choice ones
Always the case.

Left wing protestors are always more obnoxious, screaming repetitive and nonsensical gibberish, violent, and skanky.

I've never seen an exception.
With a few exceptions most of the j6 rioters weren’t that sloppy lol
There's gonna be some rednecky/white trash types here and there, but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.

Really the part I can't stand is how the lefties just scream the same shit over and over, as if screaming loudly somehow makes your statement true.

Great, now I have to unfollow Gators Daily.

https://twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1540342056933007364?s=20&t=CaETI-GqpQwCsgYYsv4AkA

Roe v. Wade was ALWAYS on shaky constitutional ground, but I am still cautiously pro-choice. I think it's abhorrent that anyone wants to terminate a pregnancy purely as a birth control measure, but there's a lot of cases where it's the best option. I would have been perfectly fine with leaving Roe alone.

Yeah the Dems have been playing with fire all these years by just expecting that scotus would remain liberal vs passing a federal law; mainly to get people to vote dem.

I am pro choice and women will still get abortions just have to drive further. I mean anti choice states had like one or two providers anyway. I think they should do something like make the day after pill available via telemedicine or at least women should be able to buy several in the case of rape or just a fuck up.

Man, it's been a bad week in court for the Left.

edit: I know this is some after-the-fact Monday-morning-quarterbacking, but the Republicans sure did a good job at playing the long game with judicial appointments.

DocZaius said:
Man, it's been a bad week in court for the Left.

edit: I know this is some after-the-fact Monday-morning-quarterbacking, but the Republicans sure did a good job at playing the long game with judicial appointments.

You mean Mitch McConnell

Evil gator said:
Yeah the Dems have been playing with fire all these years by just expecting that scotus would remain liberal vs passing a federal law; mainly to get people to vote dem.

I am pro choice and women will still get abortions just have to drive further. I mean anti choice states had like one or two providers anyway. I think they should do something like make the day after pill available via telemedicine or at least women should be able to buy several in the case of rape or just a fuck up.

Been saying this for a long time. Morning after pills should be given out like tic tacs. Available over the counter.

And I think the majority of Americans fall, as we've discussed, squarely in a reasonable position of pro-choice in the first trimester. Health concerns are treated as medical decisions, not as an abortion decision.

Tommy said:
My wife has lost her mind over this, all reason and logic has departed. :s uicide:

Better knock her up asap

Congressional Dems are asking Biden to call a public health emergency over this lol. They’ve had 50 years to pass legislation ffs

Evil gator said:
Tommy said:
My wife has lost her mind over this, all reason and logic has departed. :s uicide:

Better knock her up asap

Congressional Dems are asking Biden to call a public health emergency over this lol. They’ve had 50 years to pass legislation ffs
As that tweet above, I've also seen high level Dems call for the dismantling of the Supreme Court over this and the 2A. It's not just 1 or 2 retards.

Public health emergency :facepalm: The virtue signaling, knowing it's going nowhere, is as obvious as their evil lies and attacks on Republicans at this point. They're not even trying to hide it. They just get the voters riled up to cause riots and protests.

Back