Politics Politics

Sen. John Fetterman will not attend the Democratic National Convention in Chicago this week, he said in an interview with The Free Press.

The Pennslyvania Democrat has drawn the ire of his Democratic colleagues recently for continuing to deviate from some party norms. Longtime Democratic strategist James Carville this month called for Fetterman to be “dealt with” for his interference with Vice President Kamala Harris’s running mate selection.

“One of the great backstabbers in modern Democratic politics is John Fetterman, but I’m going to wait until after the election to deal with him,” Carville grumbled via his podcast. “He’s somebody that must be dealt with and must be dealt with in real time.”

The DNC, an important event for members of Congress to mingle with donors and colleagues, is not a priority for the senator who says he would rather spend time with his family.

“I’ve got three young kids, and they’re out of school,” he told the publication. “That’s four days I can spend with my children.”

Fetterman, who was involved in a June 9 crash in Washington County that injured another driver, of the most vocal supporters of Israel in the Democratic Party, a stance that conflicts with his most progressive colleagues. Speaking to this, the senator told the publication “I keep saying, just like the convention, it’s not about me.”

His decision to skip the convention, he added, was made “well before that debate,” a reference to the disastrous first presidential debate which preceded President Joe Biden’s decision to back out of the election.

A representative for Fetterman’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment when reached by The National Desk via email Monday.

Fetterman's turn to the center was so unexpected. I think he's still a lefty on a lot of issues but he seems to reject a lot of the crazy shit that his own party endorses.

Fetterman's turn to the center was so unexpected. I think he's still a lefty on a lot of issues but he seems to reject a lot of the crazy shit that his own party endorses.
And for not being a radical leftist, their mentality is as he just said...."I'll deal with him". Like they dealt with AOC. She was anti-Kamala, keep Biden very vocally. Clearly she was told to get in line or she'll be out, because she singing Kamala's praises at the DNC.

This is also why Pubs will continue to lose on issues. Dems toe the line and follow their marching orders, Pubs are too split.

If we had a candidate that was not named Trump, it wouldn’t be close, the Pub party is a shit show, got a doddering old fk leading the pub senate, and a worm in leading the house. Nancy Pelosi is a bad ass woman, I’ll give her credit.

RFK Jr going to endorse Trump.

I don't like the guy, but at this point....I'll take it.
Maybe he endorses Trump, that was his running mate saying that…He sounds great on podcasts, he has a refined pitch, but peeking behind the curtain, he’s a bit on the fruitloop side. We couldn’t do worse than the walking corpse & hawk tuah vp

Maybe he endorses Trump, that was his running mate saying that…He sounds great on podcasts, he has a refined pitch, but peeking behind the curtain, he’s a bit on the fruitloop side. We couldn’t do worse than the walking corpse & hawk tuah vp
Oh he's definitely fruitloop, but a lot of nimrods love him as moderates and even republicans who don't like Trump.

As for his endorsement, I was assuming this from the text on the video (I didn't listen to it) was accurate, which sure sounds like he's getting ready to do it...

Rfk is an absolute nutjob but he is correct on some key things - he’s not a communist - and it will be huge for him to endorse trump. He’s polling at 5-7%. Give him a cabinet position. Transportation or something

Has it been discussed that it's come out that local police killed the kid, not Secret Service?

Also, more "fuck the MSM" news. Trump rally, a woman has a heart attack or something. Trump leaves his bullet proof glass and goes to check on her and asks for medical help. The Newsweek headline? "Trump ends rally, asks for medical help".

Back