Politics Politics

Think we’re headed for a crash, hopefully not 2009 level
From everything I’ve heard from construction guys there’s just not enough inventory for that to happen . I think some adjustments in hot areas might - see what’s going on in Texas. But everything sells fast by me and a friend of mine who just moved to Birmingham can’t find a house. There’s just nothing for sale, and this guy just got a huge pay raise

From everything I’ve heard from construction guys there’s just not enough inventory for that to happen . I think some adjustments in hot areas might - see what’s going on in Texas. But everything sells fast by me and a friend of mine who just moved to Birmingham can’t find a house. There’s just nothing for sale, and this guy just got a huge pay raise
I’ve read that too, but I didn’t realize the population that can afford homes these days has grown that much. I don’t understand it, it used to be real estate appreciated moderately, and when it went up in value fast, the correction was pretty abrupt.

I’ve read that too, but I didn’t realize the population that can afford homes these days has grown that much. I don’t understand it, it used to be real estate appreciated moderately, and when it went up in value fast, the correction was pretty abrupt.
Basically not enough housing has been built in the places people want to live. For one there are millions of people who weren’t here a few years ago.

Basically not enough housing has been built in the places people want to live. For one there are millions of people who weren’t here a few years ago.
Or places like Gainesville are building nothing but condos/apartments because these "adults" don't want the responsibility of a home or (in most cases, a yard)...it's not just due to students. What land there is....absurdly priced. Of course the result is the liberals who do want land (the hippies) move to rural communities and ruining them. The ass to elbow, cookie cutter houses cluttering Newberry now are pricing out the locals. The entire market is fucked if you want to live in a town/city.

I keep an eye on that shit and prices in BFE have even gone up. I'm not hopeful for the future by the time my kid is an adult and I want to move to the country/mountains.

A lot of those condos in gainsville are common in all college towns in the last 20 years of guaranteed student loans that you and I are now paying off. I lived in squalor in college on scholarships and working at bars, fast food and a skating rink. But now we’re funding posh condos and European trips juggs!

A lot of those condos in gainsville are common in all college towns in the last 20 years of guaranteed student loans that you and I are now paying off. I lived in squalor in college on scholarships and working at bars, fast food and a skating rink. But now we’re funding posh condos and European trips juggs!
The ones near the colleges, sure. There's been a lot of development. Condos that are homes, just adjoined to the adjacent or maybe a 5' strip. Apartments that are way out of college kids price range (even for most rich kids) and miles away. For example, the fancy apartments they built on Newberry and Parker Rd. That's basically Jonesville. That's not for college kids.

Well sure some people just like living in condos - I do. But it makes less sense of an area isn’t walkable or doesn’t have public transport.

Jonesville is wild though. There was a pest control company there I supervised the cleanup of now people are living in it lol

Back