Politics Politics

Reicher, now a senior scholar at the Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability, told POLITICO that DOE’s decision to incorporate the goals of the various interest groups could help give the new rule more staying power and reduce the threats to it from litigation — even in the face of a hostile new administration.

“There’s always that lack of assurance when you set a standard, it might be litigated, a subsequent president might undo it,” he said. “There’s any number of things that can happen, but given that this is a consensus standard, that’s the best way to put a new standard on the safest track going forward.”

The department projected Monday that the standards will decrease carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 4 million metric tons cumulatively over 30 years — roughly equivalent to the combined annual emissions associated with the energy use of 500,000 households.

Wait. I thought the move to ban them was because they were "unsafe." Surely they wouldn't lie to us about that, would they?

Super Bowl Rigged for Chiefs so Taylor Swift Can Sway Presidency, Claims Candidate​

Super Bowl Is Rigged for Kansas City Chiefs So Taylor Swift Can Sway Presidency for Joe Biden, Claims Ex Candidate Vivek Ramaswamy

• LOL
Reactions: RIP
Random tidbits re:

A drill sergeant guarding a room full of illegals and prevented others from filming what was happening. Also present was Team Libertad who brags boasts online about how they help the illegals.

A number of interviews (dozens) are popping up online about illegals being interviewed and asking what their profession was back home. The answer? Soldiers.

Hmmm....military present, illegals, former soldiers, not supposed to be filmed. Conspiracy theory is leftists trying to get people loyal to them and not the Constitution into the military?

In truth, there are a lot of wacky conspiracy theories that gain traction on social media. I think a lot of them start as jokes, but a lot of people start to take them seriously (like flat earthers).

The bigger problem is that many people have (rightfully) lost trust in the mainstream media. Maybe if the big news outlets would be honest, people would know where to go for fact-based and objective reporting. Instead, you're labeled a conspiracy theorist if you believe COVID-19 leaked from a lab or that Hunter Biden's laptop wasn't a Russian psyop.

In truth, there are a lot of wacky conspiracy theories that gain traction on social media. I think a lot of them start as jokes, but a lot of people start to take them seriously (like flat earthers).

The bigger problem is that many people have (rightfully) lost trust in the mainstream media. Maybe if the big news outlets would be honest, people would know where to go for fact-based and objective reporting. Instead, you're labeled a conspiracy theorist if you believe COVID-19 leaked from a lab or that Hunter Biden's laptop wasn't a Russian psyop.
yeah I mean everyone laughs at Qanon, but its not like there's a real jeffrey epstein.

the "conspiracy theorists" have been right as of late since the media has changed from just being left leaning to "must promote dems and destroy Rs at all costs"

I mean the dumb idea Taylor Swift is a cia plant got WAY more attention than Rep Omar saying she was a somali citizen first or Rep Cori Bush - long time anticop conspiracist and race grifter - misappropriated funds for private security/some guy she's fucking.

One of my comments this morning was to a moron who tweeted that Fox is solely responsible for the division in America with their propaganda, misinformation, lies, etc.

I pointed out all the other MSM and COVID, Trump/Russian collusion, Hunter laptop coverup, and slandering half of the Nation who don't think a 10 year old boy shouldn't have his dick chopped off.

One of my comments this morning was to a moron who tweeted that Fox is solely responsible for the division in America with their propaganda, misinformation, lies, etc.

I pointed out all the other MSM and COVID, Trump/Russian collusion, Hunter laptop coverup, and slandering half of the Nation who don't think a 10 year old boy shouldn't have his dick chopped off.
Yeah this is such a lazy talking point. Do they watch MSN or the view? Listen to NPR? why are those sources trustworthy?

its absurd that people mostly older!) are so mentally weak the only way they can fathom anyone disagreeing with them is that they are "brainwashed" by a commercial product that exists because people largely agree with it, not the other way around.

Yeah this is such a lazy talking point. Do they watch MSN or the view? Listen to NPR? why are those sources trustworthy?

its absurd that people mostly older!) are so mentally weak the only way they can fathom anyone disagreeing with them is that they are "brainwashed" by a commercial product that exists because people largely agree with it, not the other way around.
Yeah, shit tons of old people. The ones I see on FB...How are so many 70 year old men that far left and believes every stupid word? I'm just as shocked to even see 70 year old men on twitter.

Hilariously, JOy...the dumb black bitch on the View had her mic hot off air and was caught cussing Biden over Ukraine. The exact opposite of everything she says on air.

Senate renews Bill that would allow illegals to serve in the military.

This is claimed to be to gear up for WW3 to avoid the draft. Seems more like an effort to remove those who wouldn't follow a treasonous order to fire upon it's citizens.

Feds officially warn that they have evidence of an imminent domestic terrorist attack from white supremists against border patrol agents.

Credible? More slander against MAGA like already calling them white supremist and terrorists/threat to democracy? Implying a fight between Feds and Texas & Co. National guard?

Feds officially warn that they have evidence of an imminent domestic terrorist attack from white supremists against border patrol agents.

Credible? More slander against MAGA like already calling them white supremist and terrorists/threat to democracy? Implying a fight between Feds and Texas & Co. National guard?
Was talking about this with my wife yesterday. Desantis created the Florida Guard, which is essentially a state militia separate from the national guard. They are largely made up of retired military, cops and people that just want to be in a militia. Many states have these including Texas. It'll be really easy to find somebody who fits whatever negative narrative they want to push in the ranks of these militias and paint it all as that. As a body I'd argue they are fine, but you know there are a couple dicey people in there like in every army/police force etc...

Was talking about this with my wife yesterday. Desantis created the Florida Guard, which is essentially a state militia separate from the national guard. They are largely made up of retired military, cops and people that just want to be in a militia. Many states have these including Texas. It'll be really easy to find somebody who fits whatever negative narrative they want to push in the ranks of these militias and paint it all as that. As a body I'd argue they are fine, but you know there are a couple dicey people in there like in every army/police force etc...
Oh 100%. It's still a positive thing. I absolutely agree that each state should have their own militia separate from the Feds to fight tyranny. But you know without question that there are plenty of those backwoods anarchy militia organizations who jumped all in, waiting for their moment to justify an extremist action. .....

says the guy who things we should eliminate the border problem with choppers and gunman :lol:

This all does seem like absolute nonsense, from all the fed plants and how there's zero real violent deadly extremism happening from these guys - other than the lone wolf stuff they try to attribute. I mean even Timothy McVeigh wasn't actual militia right?

There's gonna need to be lot of racist violence to convince me most of the danger isn't coming from the left

This all does seem like absolute nonsense, from all the fed plants and how there's zero real violent deadly extremism happening from these guys - other than the lone wolf stuff they try to attribute. I mean even Timothy McVeigh wasn't actual militia right?

There's gonna need to be lot of racist violence to convince me most of the danger isn't coming from the left
Speaking of that danger, on FB last night there was a genealogy thread about families from the Mayflower and how there's like 36 million people who can trace their ancestors to those 25 families.

Anyway, someone said their family has been here longer (as has mine) and this 60 something woman says, "So you're Native American" when it's obvious he wasn't. I replied that's irrelevant since Jamestown was founded well before the Mayflower hit Plymouth. She overlooked the historically aspect (or is ignorant) Jamestown and immediately starting ranting about how the Natives are not irrelevant and then went on and on about how forgetting the horrendous things that the Mayflower people surely did to the Natives should never be forgotten and how national pride is dangerous and it means blah blah blah.

After I pointed out that Natives are irrelevant to this thread since the Mayflower Euros weren't the first Euros here, I said that her attitude of preaching victimhood to everyone not white is far more dangerous than Nation pride. Which has really been a big thing with leftists the last couple years....You can't be proud to be an American, it's dangerous and entitled! But oppressing entire races by telling them they're victims so they should be handed everything, that's just empathetic!

Virginia House, led by a veteran, passes ban on AR-15s and other semi-auto rifles, along with high capacity magazines. Still has to pass Senate and of course it'll just get vetoes by Youngkin.

But fuck I hate seeing vets promote banning of guns, comparing them to weapons they used in war. The irony of vets fighting for our freedom, using the best firearm for the job to protect themselves and do their job wanting to deny the people they supposedly fight for that same right. Does he also want to ban handguns, which we don't have similar, but the exact same handguns as the military uses? Probably.

Virginia House, led by a veteran, passes ban on AR-15s and other semi-auto rifles, along with high capacity magazines. Still has to pass Senate and of course it'll just get vetoes by Youngkin.

But fuck I hate seeing vets promote banning of guns, comparing them to weapons they used in war. The irony of vets fighting for our freedom, using the best firearm for the job to protect themselves and do their job wanting to deny the people they supposedly fight for that same right. Does he also want to ban handguns, which we don't have similar, but the exact same handguns as the military uses? Probably.

In Virginia of all places, too.

It's baffling. Speaking of baffling, I'm pointlessly insulting morons on Youtube who keep saying they wanted to vote for Vivek, but they won't vote for Trump.

Congrats on trying to contribute to further destruction of our economy, country as a whole, and moving towards WW3 because wahhhh Trump's personality. We'll just turn a blind eye to the corruption and sedition that the Biden administration exhibits daily....from people who claim to be Republicans. I simply don't get it and have to assume they have a 30 IQ or they're not Republicans.

Back