Politics Politics

Apparently terrorist threats have been made towards the U.S., particularly if we choose to get involved/help Israel.

Well, if that's legit, the liberals already opened the door for them to stroll right into America. Hopefully they made their way into Sanctuary cities.

and of course our poncy schoolboy experts will decide to sit this one out from fear.

EVERYTHING that libs said would happen under trump is happening under "the grownups"

So Australians overwhelmingly voted "no" to a constitutional amendment called "the Voice" that would give aborigines an automatic member of parliament or something. I'm not sure about the details and I'm not sure how they pick their kings down under to be honest.

But it seems like it was one of those measures pushed by a small and vocal minority of liberal politicians who were out of touch with the sentiments of the rest of the country.

So they're a little sad.

Oh, and bad news for fans of Ozzy Man. He came out in favor of the measure because it was "a chance to make life a little better for a community where life has been a little shit."

Great comment, right at the top:

(voting in Oz is mandatory)

Last edited:
You know, after reading a little more about it, I'm not so sure I'd be against the concept if I were an Australian. Seems pretty bland - it's basically an advisory body dealing with aboriginal problems. Like their version of a Bureau of Indian Affairs.

i think natives a lot of places got a raw deal but frankly they should have fought harder and won. They would have been dicks as victors too.

What I find troubling is the idea that certain native peoples are imbued with a special knowledge that others with different genetics are not.

I mean if someone lives on the same land for generations and has an occupation that involves a need for shared info on soil etc like olive growers in greece or vintners in france sure. The idea though that tribal people in wyoming have more understanding of the earth than 3rd generation white (or black or Hispanic) ranchers or farmers is absurd.

However the wise scientists at EPA think it makes a big difference

obviously in a democratic society citizens should all have their voices heard. However I've been involved in enough public meetings where people claiming to be natives spout off the most verifiably false nonsense and everyone is expected to nod in agreement. I'm pretty suspicious of special carve outs for natives based on some of the absolute nonsense I've seen.

Back