Politics Politics

Juggs said:
Never forget our democracy was destroyed forever by men who tried to overthrow the government without a single weapon.

And the vast majority casually strolled within the velvet ropes. :lol:

Evil gator said:
I hope these illegal teacher strikes make people realize, once and for all, that government employees unions are a fucking sham and unnecessary.

I've had way too many arguments online over unions.

A big one who likes to make themselves martyrs and love their unions are truck drivers.

Juggs said:
Evil gator said:
I hope these illegal teacher strikes make people realize, once and for all, that government employees unions are a fucking sham and unnecessary.

A big one who likes to make themselves martyrs and love their unions are truck drivers.
I think the utility of unions passed about 50 years ago -there are hundreds of regs for safety and fair employment. But government unions are the most worthless

Cripes listening to even moderate journos about Jan 6 - when stuff happens to them it’s super important, vs people who live in riot/murder zones all the time

Evil gator said:
Cripes listening to even moderate journos about Jan 6 - when stuff happens to them it’s super important, vs people who live in riot/murder zones all the time

With a vice president that encouraged more rioting.

Evil gator said:
Juggs said:
Evil gator said:

I think the utility of unions passed about 50 years ago -there are hundreds of regs for safety and fair employment. But government unions are the most worthless

Public sector unions are awful because it's the same group of people on each side of the table. Public employees bargaining with other public employees. They almost always have the same interests.

Evil gator said:
Juggs said:
Evil gator said:

Yep, that's basically my argument.

The truck drivers have the worst argument because DOT has tons of rules and regulations about what a truck driver is allowed to do. My dad f'n hated union employees because it was typically lazy drivers with 2 years employment saying they want off Christmas and holidays or they'll strike and making demands that guys with 20 years tenure didn't make because they weren't whiny cunts.

Yeah one of the main things keeping all the crap we ordered off the coast of California is because they work so few hours AND wouldnt let the ports put in automation. Our ports are shitty because some grifters were allowed to run them

Yep. I'd still like to know more about the known FBI "asset" or whatever he is who was all over camera egging on the crowd from the front lines to charge the Capital and despite being all over the internet, faces no charges at all.

Juggs said:
Yep. I'd still like to know more about the known FBI "asset" or whatever he is who was all over camera egging on the crowd from the front lines to charge the Capital and despite being all over the internet, faces no charges at all.

Yeah it’s crazy they aren’t addressing it just pretending it’s a conspiracy theory and you’re quanon if you ask.

I love how white liberals go up to black people they don’t know and become inappropriate to prove they aren’t racist or whatever - this happens so often around here it’s just fucking weird

https://twitter.com/sipoficetea/status/1479296935878180867?s=21

Back