Countdown to tax revolts....5...4....3....2.....

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Not advocating anything obviously...but do politicians not realize they are playing with fire here? Or that they are breaking the law? Seriously...watch for tax revolts beginning in earnest later this year and ramping up sometime in the next 12-18 months...the legitimacy of our governments is taking a huge blow in the mind of Joe6Pack.
California, which faces a deficit that could top $24.3 billion, may have to issue about $3 billion worth of promissory notes this month to state contractors, college students and taxpayers owed refunds unless there is a budget-balancing agreement.

Smaller states have also had trouble. Freda Warfield of the Kansas Department of Revenue said tax officials are hoping to send out $31 million in refunds by next week—but she knows residents are getting anxious. The returns average $500 a person.

"The revenue receipts have just been down," she said. "There's not enough coming in to issue all of our refunds. Tough decisions needed to be made, and one of the things that we could do is to hold our refunds."

It quickly became a touchy subject there, where thousands of people still haven't gotten refunds. Republican state Sen. Jeff Colyer said he raised the alarm that the state may not be able to make the payments back in August.

"It's unfair to taxpayers," said Colyer, a surgeon from Overland Park. "It's creating a cash-flow concern for these people. They rely on tax refunds for a big purchase, or to make a house payment. People have already budgeted how that money will be spent."
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D997417O0&show_article=1

On the first underlined portion: Ummm...no, holding onto your citizens' refunds is NOT one of the things you could do. Well, not legally anyway. Being short on money is not the fault of those to whom you owe money.

On the second underlined portion: It's more than unfair...it's illegal...if processing is taking more time due to staffing problems, that would be unfair...not paying your taxpayers what you OWE them is illegal if you choose to not pay them simply because you don't have the money you owe them.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

what we'll see is what everyone should be doing which is filing your w2 forms in a way in which you'll be shortchanging the gov't come april 15th and will expect to pay instead of receive....we re-jigger it to increase cash flow...everyone should do it.

i don't know for the life of me why people continue to "overpay" on they're paychecks just so they can have a 'bonus' on tax day...never understand that.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I try each year to adjust withholdings to match as close to what I think I'll owe. I hate a big refund. Agree with ya rad, makes no sense to let the gov't borrow your money interest free for a year. I'd rather have the extra cash each month.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

My goal is to make no "income" and then stick up my finger like 95's avatar.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.