Republican Anti-Obama Propaganda

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Good story about how the Right Wing Noise Machine works.  Seems that the Republicans are dusting off their playbooks from the 1990's and are going to try to do to Obama what they did to Clinton.  If you read the story you will see the eerie parallels.  Problem is that this time, their hate speech could lead to violence.

http://www.truthout.org/022609L
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
efbart

Post by efbart »

Slide,

You stroked out the other day because somebody linked a story from Worldnetdaily. A story that was full of falsifiable statements like....8 states have done x, 20 states are considering y, here's a quote from state rep. Z. All in an effort to explain that a certain sentiment is being felt across the country.

In otherwords...either 8 states have done x or they haven't. With a little snooping we can deterimine whether or not they have. It doesn't matter if the fella who wrote the story is wearing a tin-foil hat...Grocho Marx glasses and nose with a Hitler mustache.

Now you've posted this from Truthout...full of secret appendixes and covert propaganda.

Slide...come on dude, fess up...you're really a comedian aren't you ;D.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

It's actually funny that anyone believes that a few nutcases who spread rumors like the "Clinton death list" represent in any way the mainstream Republican Party's strategy to discredit the President.  This article (and your cheerleading for it) is as much of a propaganda effort as Falwell's.

How would you feel about the right attributing the "9/11 Truth Movement" to Democratic Party strategy?

Never mind that there's no evidence in the article that there is any current Republican effort to spread the type of early-90s propaganda.  One Glenn Beck show about the feasibility of an armed insurrection?  Seriously?  That's all you got?

Here is a portion of the Glenn Beck show in question, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfLp7VqjRk#noexternalembed#hq

I have only viewed a portion of it, but it looks to me like they're discussing measures of last resort, when the government either stops responding to its citizens or outright oppresses them.  In that event, I think it's entirely reasonable for citizens to resort to self-help to secure their liberty and property.

And I think the Framers would agree with me.  
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Bottom line - there was a concerted effort in the 1990's by the Right Wing Noise Machine to destroy Clinton, and because of his personal and political flaws, it worked. The Republicans are dragging out that same playbook now. Senator Shelby of AL recently propped up the tin foil hat crowd by publically wondering if Obama was a natural born citizen. Alan Keyes is calling Obama a usurper and a communist who must be stopped (hate speech anyone?). John Bolton at the CPAC meeting yesterday called for the nuking of Chicago to send a message to Obama. Hannity is calling for armed revolt on his website. These are what pass for rational political commentary in the Republican Party and the conservative movement?

The amazing thing is that no Republican politicians denounce stupidity like this. That is tantamount to an endorsement isn't it?
radbag

Post by radbag »

lmao
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

So democrats think it's a bad thing to consider what you would do if and when the government began to widely oppress its citizens? After all the shit they've talked for 8 years about W trampling the Constitution?

The democrats use the Constitution as a talking point when it suits their political needs, but when their opponents use it indirectly to discuss worst case scenarios, it's a bad thing.

Cool.

slider, both sides do this man...they both have their mythical "propaganda machine" and politics aren't ever going to be pretty.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I'm just glad ef is back...and in THIS forum...hilarious.
Okay, let's try this!

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Hate speech? Oh. What would also be known as "dissent"- which was, until January 20th, quite patriotic. O0
Star Kings Forever!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

So democrats think it's a bad thing to consider what you would do if and when the government began to widely oppress its citizens? After all the shit they've talked for 8 years about W trampling the Constitution?

The democrats use the Constitution as a talking point when it suits their political needs, but when their opponents use it indirectly to discuss worst case scenarios, it's a bad thing.

Cool.

slider, both sides do this man...they both have their mythical "propaganda machine" and politics aren't ever going to be pretty.
There is a slight difference, which I am surprised you cannot see. W and Dick the Shooter did in fact shred the Constitution with things like warrantless wiretapping and lying us into a war of convenience in Iraq. Obama has done NONE of those things - right now you have a bunch of pissed off people on the right who are upset that they are out of power and will say or do anything to get it back. So by promoting lies and bullshit, it makes up for the fact that the Republican Party is out of ideas except tax cuts and no government regulations. The Republican Party is politically and ideologically bankrupt.

Keep your eyes open - the Republican playbook will be to oppose everything Obama does, and piss and moan about him personally. The wingnuts like Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, and Druggie Limbaugh will spout all kinds of ridiculous shit, while nobody will disavow them. They ran the same game in 1993 and they will run it again. But this time it will not work - America has seen that bad movie before, and they know how it would end up.

Should they choose to continue in their current path, the Republican Party is digging its own grave. I will point this out again in 2010.

And last I recall, nobody on our side was calling for armed revolt.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^No they all just talked about moving to Canada and other places in other countries.
Okay, let's try this!

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Yes, there were some people who talked about stupid shit like that. And they were wrong. But you are comparing apples to oranges - if someone left the country, it would affect only them. Slightly different than armed revolt, don't you think?
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

There is a slight difference, which I am surprised you cannot see.  W and Dick the Shooter did in fact shred the Constitution with things like warrantless wiretapping and lying us into a war of convenience in Iraq.  Obama has done NONE of those things -
Didn't Obama get in trouble with the left for voting in favor of the new FISA legislation which provided retroactive immunity to telcos who cooperated with government surveillance programs and supposedly didn't give the courts enough oversight over those wiretaps?
Keep your eyes open - the Republican playbook will be to oppose everything Obama does, and piss and moan about him personally.  The wingnuts like Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, and Druggie Limbaugh will spout all kinds of ridiculous shit, while nobody will disavow them.  They ran the same game in 1993 and they will run it again.  But this time it will not work - America has seen that bad movie before, and they know how it would end up.
That's the same playbook that the Dems use when they're not in power.

That's because your side is the one in power.  Besides, the left has chosen to disarm itself, which is fine.  We backwoods gun-owning survivalists will protect you when the shit comes down.  
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Yes, there were some people who talked about stupid shit like that. And they were wrong. But you are comparing apples to oranges - if someone left the country, it would affect only them. Slightly different than armed revolt, don't you think?
Here's how it's different in my view...Crazy Dems (as opposed to crazy Repubs that would take up arms) would rather runaway than to stand up and fight for what they believe in and secondly, if there was a mass exodus out of this country (which of course, I know was not going to happen), I think it would greatly affect more than just the ones leaving. Those of us who stay will have twice the work to do as well as families would likely be seperated.

And when all is said and done...politics or no politics...my personal belief is that many of this country's woes can be linked back to the destruction of the American family.

Let the ridicule begin.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

i like it actually allison....well done.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

There is a slight difference, which I am surprised you cannot see. W and Dick the Shooter did in fact shred the Constitution with things like warrantless wiretapping and lying us into a war of convenience in Iraq. Obama has done NONE of those things - right now you have a bunch of pissed off people on the right who are upset that they are out of power and will say or do anything to get it back. So by promoting lies and bullshit, it makes up for the fact that the Republican Party is out of ideas except tax cuts and no government regulations. The Republican Party is politically and ideologically bankrupt.

Keep your eyes open - the Republican playbook will be to oppose everything Obama does, and piss and moan about him personally. The wingnuts like Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, and Druggie Limbaugh will spout all kinds of ridiculous shit, while nobody will disavow them. They ran the same game in 1993 and they will run it again. But this time it will not work - America has seen that bad movie before, and they know how it would end up.

Should they choose to continue in their current path, the Republican Party is digging its own grave. I will point this out again in 2010.

All I'm going to say is that Obama has had a total of what, 37 days or so to shred the Constitution...tough to do much damage in that timeframe, but he's done his fair share so far by backing misguided and corrupt Bush policies protecting those responsible for the warrantless wiretapping. I wonder how he's going to end up impacting states' rights as well with the implementation of so many new far-ranging policy initiatives--I have the feeling I will end up being convinced at some point in the next few months that he has further destroyed states' sovereignty.

Who has called for armed revolt? Nobody on the Glenn Beck was supporting it from what I heard. They were discussing it as a possibility; at this point it is a very real possibility. You'd be an idiot to think otherwise. You'd be an idiot to not prepare at all for such events, lasting at least several days or maybe weeks until they get it under control. I'm not saying it's going to happen--I pray to god it doesn't--but my eyes are open rather than blissfully closed while I listen to Pastor Obama up at the pulpit and mindlessly hum my spirituals.

We owe our families more protection than that, IMO.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Here's how it's different in my view...Crazy Dems (as opposed to crazy Repubs that would take up arms) would rather runaway than to stand up and fight for what they believe in and secondly, if there was a mass exodus out of this country (which of course, I know was not going to happen), I think it would greatly affect more than just the ones leaving. Those of us who stay will have twice the work to do as well as families would likely be seperated.

And when all is said and done...politics or no politics...my personal belief is that many of this country's woes can be linked back to the destruction of the American family.

Let the ridicule begin.
Why would I ridicule your comment about the family? A - It is your opinion. B - It happens to be right. There are too many assholes out there who shouldn't be parents. Since the 70's, two parent incomes, when there are two parents, are now the norm.

I am curious though about your opinion on what has destroyed the family - not to ridicule, just to get a clarification of your thoughts to see if we are on the same page.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

There is a slight difference, which I am surprised you cannot see.  W and Dick the Shooter did in fact shred the Constitution with things like warrantless wiretapping and lying us into a war of convenience in Iraq.  Obama has done NONE of those things -
Didn't Obama get in trouble with the left for voting in favor of the new FISA legislation which provided retroactive immunity to telcos who cooperated with government surveillance programs and supposedly didn't give the courts enough oversight over those wiretaps?
Keep your eyes open - the Republican playbook will be to oppose everything Obama does, and piss and moan about him personally.  The wingnuts like Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, and Druggie Limbaugh will spout all kinds of ridiculous shit, while nobody will disavow them.  They ran the same game in 1993 and they will run it again.  But this time it will not work - America has seen that bad movie before, and they know how it would end up.
That's the same playbook that the Dems use when they're not in power.

That's because your side is the one in power.  Besides, the left has chosen to disarm itself, which is fine.  We backwoods gun-owning survivalists will protect you when the shit comes down.  
Yes he did - and he was wrong about that. It is an area where I disagree with him.

Regarding the Democratic playbook being the same, you couldn't be further from the truth. First of all, the Right Wing Noise Machine is well organized with Sludge making up shit and giving it to Fox "News" and the talk radio crowd to disseminate. Democrats don't have anything comparable. Plus, the Right Wing Noise machine is a lot nastier and more ingrained in the politics of personal distruction. I have personally called Bush a fucking idiot, and the worst President in the history of the US, and I stand by that. But I have never, and will never, advocate personal harm or death wishes to him. The Right Wing Noise Machine wants nothing more than Obama's scalp on the wall - they want him personally and politically destroyed. Not for policy reasons, but just so they can crow that they were right. My beefs with Bush were on policy and political decisions - apples and oranges with the current Right Wing Noise Machine. Yes, there were some on my side who went way over the line. But they were not the norm. And I realize that the bloviating blowhards like Rush are not the majority. But they are the ones that make the most noise, and they are the ones the Republicans in Congress listen to. And since there are so few moderate Republicans left who would publically denounce them, they are perceived as being the norm. Again, apples and oranges.

What shit specifically is going to come down that I need protection from? I know you are not one of the tinfoil hat crowd, so what do you mean? And don't you think you are being a little over reactive?
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Yes he did - and he was wrong about that. It is an area where I disagree with him.

And yet you crowed about how he's so much better than Bush on the issue, just a few posts above.
Regarding the Democratic playbook being the same, you couldn't be further from the truth. First of all, the Right Wing Noise Machine is well organized with Sludge making up shit and giving it to Fox "News" and the talk radio crowd to disseminate. Democrats don't have anything comparable. Plus, the Right Wing Noise machine is a lot nastier and more ingrained in the politics of personal distruction. I have personally called Bush a fucking idiot, and the worst President in the history of the US, and I stand by that. But I have never, and will never, advocate personal harm or death wishes to him. The Right Wing Noise Machine wants nothing more than Obama's scalp on the wall - they want him personally and politically destroyed. Not for policy reasons, but just so they can crow that they were right. My beefs with Bush were on policy and political decisions - apples and oranges with the current Right Wing Noise Machine. Yes, there were some on my side who went way over the line. But they were not the norm. And I realize that the bloviating blowhards like Rush are not the majority. But they are the ones that make the most noise, and they are the ones the Republicans in Congress listen to. And since there are so few moderate Republicans left who would publically denounce them, they are perceived as being the norm. Again, apples and oranges.
I don't think so. First, I haven't seen anyone calling for Obama's head like you're suggesting (except for those idiot skinheads in Tennessee a few months ago). Second, there is absolutely a Democratic "Noise Machine" - just look at all the personal attacks levied against Sarah Palin by the left and its accomplices in the mainstream media.

IF[/size] anyone in Congress is taking Rush Limbaugh's advice (note the big "if"), it's because there's a real lack of Republican leadership right now.
What shit specifically is going to come down that I need protection from? I know you are not one of the tinfoil hat crowd, so what do you mean? And don't you think you are being a little over reactive?
That was meant tongue-in-cheek. But for the sake of argument, if the economy really collapses, I'm not going to be waiting for the gub'ment to provide and protect for me.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

FISA - Obama didn't initiate that nor did he order his justice department to work around it.

Define personal attacks on Palin - and no, I don't call the Katie Couric interview a personal attack. When SNL used Palin's own words verbatum to illicit laughs, that was Palin's doing. Talk about not ready for prime time! I don't know the details of the McCain campaign's treatment of her and handling of her, but she was clearly out of her element.

Regarding discussion of her family - because of the overemphasis the Republican have for "family values", and the railings they do on that topic, I'm sorry, but for better or worse when you have an unmarried teenaged daughter and you promote the stupidity of abstinence only education, it becomes an issue based on hypocrisy. Could you imagine for a moment if one of the Obama girls were teenaged, unmarried, and pregnant? The Right Wing Noise Machine would have gone ballistic! And that would be all that they would talk about.

Do I think there was a coordinate conspiracy to attack and destroy Palin? No. The McCain campaign mishandled her from the start, and by not allowing her to do interviews during the campaign, created the monster and fed the beast. Add to that her own lack of knowledge of the issue and the condescending folksiness and condemnation of people like me who in her opinion are not "real Americans", and you have the end result that occurred. And yes, I am aware of the "documentary" that claims as such. The guy who put that together exists in the area of wing nuttery as well.

For what it's worth, I think candidates families should be off limits, especially children. Of course the Right Wing Noise Machine has attacked Hillary and Michelle with great joy and glee.

Glad to know your last comment was tongue in cheek. I don't think society will devolve to that level.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

FISA - Obama didn't initiate that nor did he order his justice department to work around it.
Why has his justice department continued to deprive citizens of the Constitutional protections of their privacy by taking the stance that those responsible for previous such deprivations of privacy should NOT be brought to justice?

Is Obama so far ahead of the curve that he's actually decided to start his very own, personal, anti-Obama campaign against himself? ;D
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

slider in what has destroyed the American family I don't think there is just one thing. I think the lack of accountability by EVERYONE has not been good on families. While you may think some parents shouldn't be allowed to have kids, I think there are far more parents out there (including myself sometimes) that do TOO much for their kids and don't allow them to fail and learn from their mistakes. If a kid does something wrong in school, instead of parents letting the kid take their punishment they go to the school and rant and rave about how their child is being treated "unfairly". School is really like a small society. You have your smart kids where if they are not place in classes that motivate them, just resort to being as good as the least common denominator. Why work hard when it gets you nowhere and Johnny next to me f's off all day and gets treated exactly the same way?

I don't want to even get into sports...and I'm only talking about the kids! Parents who blame everyone else for their problems instead of holding themselves accountable, set a great example for their kids.

Then of course there's a lack of honoring your commitments. But that can really all fall back into the lack of accountability for EVERYONE again.

You know, Bill and I are in deep debt because of some stupid moves we made with his business when we started. Yes, we got screwed by the jerks in GA and we will never recover that money, but I tell you what...we are dealing with it. We aren't trying to get handouts (except from my rich poker player nephew :) ) and I don't expect the gubment to come bail us out just because we trusted the wrong people. And even if they would, I wouldn't want their help if it came with a bunch of strings attached.

You know I'm going off on a tangent I realize that...but saying something about "strings" just reminded me of my job and how I have to review all our marketing of offers to make sure they follow all the strict guidelines the FCC puts out on advertising price points and special offers. Any "strings" or disclaimers need to be fully disclosed and conspicuous so that it's clear to the consumer what you are buying.

Too bad they can't apply those rules to elections, bills and everything else that goes on in government. I can see it now...

Obama promises 95% of WORKING Americans will receive a tax cut*

*Working Americans is defined as someone making a net profit of $XXX,XXX amount in a one year period. If you are not currently employed, you will receive no tax cut, but you will receive all sorts of other free benefits. Tax cut is subject to change without notice. No group rates or other discounts apply.

:lol:
Okay, let's try this!

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Why has his justice department continued to deprive citizens of the Constitutional protections of their privacy by taking the stance that those responsible for previous such deprivations of privacy should NOT be brought to justice?

Is Obama so far ahead of the curve that he's actually decided to start his very own, personal, anti-Obama campaign against himself? ;D
Good question - I wish I knew. He is wrong about that now.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

M7, first of all, let me just say that even though I have never met you, I feel that I know you a little bit based on your postings. I have posted this before - I think you are a great Mom, and you and Bill have nothing to worry about with respect to being parents. I don't have kids, so I hope my opinion in this respect is worth something.

I agree with you 100% about accountability. My big soapbox is how things have been weenied down for kids now. Things like there are no winners or losers anymore in competitions, so kids feelings don't get hurt, and all this other political correctness bullshit. That's not how life works and we are doing a disservice to kids by trying to shield them from everything. I agree with you completely about school.

You know what is sad? Kids today have no chance for innocence. Since we are from the same hood area, you can relate. I grew up a block from Jefferson Park in Hollywood. I spent most of my childhood there every day in elementary school, and my parents were not with me. It was completely safe. The tragedy of Adam Walsh however, destroyed any possibility of that type of innocence for future generations.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Good commentary on how are off the deep end the Republicans are - comments from the CPAC meeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jGcs2YqyK0#noexternalembed#hq
radbag

Post by radbag »

slider - referencing olbermann is no different than a pubber here referencing rush limbaugh...what gives?