504 down is the price of doing bidness

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

I have a bad feeling it is going to get a lot worse. The real estate market is going to continue to tighten and several other companies are going to fall. Lots of folks are going to lose lots of money. Worst day at the market since 9/11 reopening.
I am the law, bitches!
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

i really regret not rolling my 401k into an IRA now...
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

My mom is freaking out. I guess she has some retirement fund with AIG and she doesn't know what to do.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

DJIA futures are at -152.00 as of 10:52pm.

This chart is interesting to me:
[img]http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=%5EVIX&t=1y&q=c&l=on&z=m&a=v&p=s[/img]

VIX up over 23% today...current price 31.70....I'll be watching it to see if it breaks above that resistance right around 30-35...that looks like fairly strong resistance. Will be interesting to get a peek of how much everyone can settle down this week and digest everything and adjust their expectations.

I gotta say, I've been studying this stuff quite a bit on my own lately and it's damn interesting. I'm sure I know just enough to get myself in trouble at this point [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif[/img] but it's at least entertaining to me at this point.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.