baseball - Bonds indictment

Fuckbeans.
Welshgator

Post by Welshgator »

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tom_verducci/11/15/bonds.indictment/index.html?eref=T1[/url]

Like it says in the article - if you piss enough people off it'll eventually come back to haunt you. Wonder if he'll ever get that asterisk next to his home run record.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I hope they nail him. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a cheater.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

The whole thing is stinky to me.

1) Baseball should have done something years ago. Baseball is not a big deal. But it stinks there.

2) The law is gonna take this guy down for 30 years for perjury? Bullshit. That ain't happening.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I hope they nail him. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a cheater.

Agreed.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

2) The law is gonna take this guy down for 30 years for perjury? Bullshit. That ain't happening.

This is true. The sentencing guidelines for this stuff is pretty weak. Assuming he is convicted (perjury is difficult to prove), I wouldn't expect him to serve much time, if any.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Im interested to see how quickly this all goes down. It seemed like in the Vick thing he was indicted and plead out in about a month. I have always heard that if the US Gov can get an indictment on you they have a pretty solid case. Bonds just seems like an arrogant prick and if he was a bit more humble society might be more willing to forgive.