The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman

Gators Explode For 23 Points In Absolute Rout Of Jacksonville State

Post by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman »

[TABLE="class: tr-caption-container"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Image[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: tr-caption, align: center"](Photo credit: Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
After weeks of seeing the Florida offense struggle, the unit exploded for 16 whole points against FCS opponent Jacksonville State on Saturday. It was a welcomed change from the measly 14.3 points they have averaged in their last three games. Linebacker Jon Bostic added to the scoring with an interception he returned for a touchdown that was a cherry on top of the offense's banner day as the Gators routed the Gamecocks 23-0.

Jacksonville State entered the game ranked 108th in total defense in FCS and Florida took full advantage by piling up 356 total yards and converting 2/11 on third down. If you wanted to see big plays, well, yesterday was your day. Florida hit nine plays for over 15 yards, including one that went for 46 yards! Jacoby Brissett missed Omarius Hines on a deep pass to the end zone in the second quarter that would have been pretty cool, but plays like that are extremely difficult and are rarely successful at any level of football.

"That was impressive, wasn't it? I'm real pleased with the team's performance today," Will Muschamp said after the game. "I bet that reminded everyone of when Coach Spurrier was here. We were scoring so much I was worried the scoreboard would malfunction. Jacksonville State's a real fine football team and I hate that we shellacked them so bad."

The win was Jacoby Brissett's first as a starting quarterback and his play was reminiscent of former Gator quarterback, Eric Kresser, who started one game for a resting Danny Wuerffel against Northern Illinois in 1995. On that day, Kresser threw for a then school record 458 yards and six touchdowns. Brissett's numbers yesterday were very similar, finishing 14-of-22 for 154 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions.

Muschamp put to rest any thoughts that there might be a quarterback controversy after such a dominant showing by the offense. "Jeff (Driskel) is still our starting quarterback. Jacoby played fantastic, but I don't believe a guy should lose his job because he's injured. I've said all along we could win with either one and Jacoby proved it in a big way yesterday."

Notes: Florida improves to 7-0 at home this year with one more home game left at Ron Zook Field next Saturday...The Gator cheerleaders were not allowed to stunt or tumble during the game, resulting in them doing those maneuvers in back alleys and abandoned buildings afterward in order to get their fix. Captain Tarin Moses is currently being treated at Shands Hospital from an apparent overdose...Dominique Easley is still looking to collect three more opponents' souls, so he can become a Level 10 Soul Collector...Attendance was, I don't know, I wasn't there and didn't see, but I'm sure it was a typical capacity crowd...Next game: FSU. Kickoff is at 9:47 p.m. and will be televised on the Playboy Channel because someone's gonna get fucked. So, if Florida wins and Notre Dame loses, Florida's basically in the BCS title game. Ok, sure, nothing to worry about. I mean, things went fine the last time Florida played a game this season where something big was on the line, like that game against Georgia.

Courtesy of The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Couldn't find the like button.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Hilarious! Yet another turd of a game.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.