Scouting Report: Bye Week

Fuckbeans.
The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman

Post by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman »

Founded: The bye week was introduced into football in 1990 by the NFL who wanted to expand the number of weeks in a season in order to generate more revenue.

Location: Wherever you're at. Enjoy Florida's weekend off. I normally go out of town on bye weeks. Have a little fun. Take a break from football for one weekend or don't. It's a win-win either way.

Famous Alum: I bet Bob Vila's got some projects around the house he's going to be working on this weekend.

Head Coach: Will Muschamp will be watching plenty of game film this weekend of Florida's next opponent, LSU. I can't wait for that game!

Strengths: The bye week allows injured players like Jelani Jenkins and Dominique Easley time to heal, while giving the team extra time to prepare for their next game. It's a great advantage.

Weaknesses: As fans, we don't get to watch our Gators this weekend. =(

Player To Watch: There are some really fun games this weekend between ranked opponents like FSU/Clemson, Michigan/Notre Dame, Arizona/Oregon, and Kansas State/Oklahoma. I just don't have enough televisions to keep up! L-O-L! But seriously, I would keep an eye on that FSU/Clemson game, specifically quarterback E.J. Manuel. We'll finally get a feel for how good the Seminoles are this season and if they are, in fact, back.

Fun Fact: Bye weeks are fun!

Prediction: Whether you're heading out of town or working around the house or just lying on the couch watching some other teams for a change, everyone's going to have a nice relaxing weekend and then get ready for LSU on Monday. Stay safe and have a fun bye week, gang!

Courtesy of The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Lol
g8orbill

Post by g8orbill »

so does that mean we have 2 bye weeks in a row- lol
And that's a first down!
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

yes
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

We will definitely win the Bye Week. Just a question as to where we will end up in the rankings. It's not like we will be sitting on the couch eating cheesburgers or anything like that.......
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.