scapegoats

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

scapegoats

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

DocZaius

scapegoats

Post by DocZaius »

Even without getting into all the other crap, why are people so up in arms over a couple of hundred million when we're really getting fleeced for several hundred billion?

I heard on the radio that people didn't want to "reward AIG execs for bad behavior." No shit. Why doesn't that apply to AIG as a whole and all the other companies that are being bailed out?

Now I hear that the powers that be are trying to find a way to limit executive pay, even for companies that didn't accept bailout money.

Furthermore, if they can retroactively tax the bonuses of folks who lawfully contracted for those bonuses, what's to stop them from doing the same to me?

What the fuck is happening to my country?
radbag

scapegoats

Post by radbag »

the whole AIG thing, the whole chris dodd saying i didn't have anything to do with it and then saying he did but didn't know what the content of the agreements were, the whole congressional hearings exercises, the whole 'let's cap salaries' stuff, the whole 'let's tax bonuses' effort, the whole plan by the administration to go out of their way to publicly chastise wall street is nothing but a BIG DIVERSION.

the cartoon is spot on imo.
TheTodd

scapegoats

Post by TheTodd »

It really is just populist propaganda and I'm getting sick of this administration creating policy based on it being popular. I mean, yeah, bad for you guys for giving away this money that was contractually due to these people, but other than telling them that they are bad people, the gov should be thinking about other things.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

scapegoats

Post by annarborgator »

If we're going to be going around abrogating contracts, why not start with the unconscionable and fraudulently induced contracts (namely CDS) that these companies reported magical profits off of without ever planning to be able to actually pay their obligations?

Oh, wait. It's because there's nobody in the administration who has both an understanding of these instruments and a pair of balls (LOL it's the one time activist judges and policies just might come in handy!). This is why we're fucked.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
a1bion

scapegoats

Post by a1bion »

The Masters of the Universe sure did turn into whiny little bitches quick, didn't they? I'm shocked. "Whaaaaahhhhh, you're so mean to us!!!! We're such victims!!!!!"

Fuck them.
a1bion

scapegoats

Post by a1bion »

I right clicked that cartoon and saw it came from some outfit calling itself "American Thinker." Oh, the irony!

I went to their site and saw they have GMAC as one of their top advertisers. Irony overload!

Seriously. The stupid. It burns.