Republicans fighting for the rights of the people at the State level

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

More evidence that the party is nowhere near dead. In fact, it's going back to its roots, IMO. States are going to begin reasserting their 9th and 10th Amendment rights more often and more vociferously. In fact, the movement has begun:
NEW YORK – As the Obama administration attempts to push through Congress a nearly $1 trillion deficit spending plan that is weighted heavily toward advancing typically Democratic-supported social welfare programs, a rebellion against the growing dominance of federal control is beginning to spread at the state level.

So far, eight states have introduced resolutions declaring state sovereignty under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, including Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Washington.

Analysts expect that in addition, another 20 states may see similar measures introduced this year, including Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado
, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Maine and Pennsylvania.

"What we are trying to do is to get the U.S. Congress out of the state's business," Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Randy Brogdon told WND.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88218
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

World Nut Daily? If that is what you are going to use as supposed "news", then you are in worse shape than I thought. You might as well quote Fox "News". LOL! What a fucking joke!

You keep telling yourself that the Republican Party isn't near death. Maybe you can convince that it is true.

World Nut Daily - one of the homes of right wing wingnuttery. Better than the fucking comics.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I assume that since you attack the source you have nothing negative to say about the actual content of the story. I'm glad you're level headed enough to support states' rights.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

It's so fucking funny to me that the guy in this thread attacking the source of the information is the same guy who links to comedians for his news stories.

Way to Go, Slider!!

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

So, to be clear: any source for coservative thought is "right wing nuttery". Gotcha. Once again, very inclusive of our pet lefty. O0
Star Kings Forever!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

First of all Hater, you obviously don't understand satire. I posted those links as a satairical commentary, not news. You prove my point that conservatives are incapable of understanding satire.

BG - pet lefty huh? Interesting. My commentary on World Nut Daily stands. There is such a thing as principled conservative thought, like George Will for example. I disagree with him, but he is intelligent and does make cogent logical points on occasion. Even Pat Buchanan, of whom I have read several of his books, makes logical arguments that I disagree with. Both of them put thought and effort into their works, and while I disagree with much of what they say, I can appreciate the efforts of their arguments. (Contrry to what you may believe I do read commentary from all sides.) World Nut Daily is populated by wingnuts - they type of people who think that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya and his Presidency is a plot to destroy the US, or the types who think Obama is the Anti-Christ. They are so far out there that rational thought escapes them. If you choose to believe these people or accept anything they say as true, then that is your business.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

So you're saying that you believe this story to be untrue? As in, there aren't state legislatures all over the country reasserting their sovereignty in the face of federal abuse of power?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

First of all Hater, you obviously don't understand satire. I posted those links as a satairical commentary, not news. You prove my point that conservatives are incapable of understanding satire.

What a load of shit. Cut the crap, man. You cite to Colbert and then say "can you dispute it?"

I'm perfectly capable of understanding and laughing at satire, and do so frequently. I do take exception with the way you present your satire...as if it's Gospel.