BHO has excellent judment though

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Oh there are definitely decisions that the POTUS makes that I would never want to make. But appointing Secretaries to the Cabinet? I could do that, especially given a well-funded staff and several weeks' time (as a minimum). I could make economic decisions. Of course it's always difficult to set down a clear line when you're talking about such massive resources (and therefore effects), but it can be done in most areas.

I'm sure I would struggle immensely with each and every decision regarding the use of force that I came upon. AA's not about taking lives.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Well I certainly hope you wouldn't talk in the third person as POTUS. :)
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Nah, I'd just say "America" instead of using the third person. O0
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Liberals are increasingly Orwellian and it makes it quite a challenge to enter a dialogue with them. That's unfortunate.
Speaking of clowns...
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

It's cuz they're not actually interested in the country's economy or making compromises, Joe. They just want to play politics and clown. They'll watch the economy slide down the toilet if it scores them political points with the extremist wing of the right.
Yes. All republicans want the country to fail and slide into chaos. Very astute observation. We're all evil sonsabitches who will somehow profit from total economic collapse.

Could be that we freakin understand ECONOMICS and know you can't SPEND your way out of a freakin recession. DEBT is what got us INTO the problem in the first place. Debt and a huge run up in GOVT spending. And before you throw your excuse of BUSH at me, let me tell you that I supported very few of his policies. Esp over the last 3-4 years.
Republicans understand economics?? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Right. Sure. You go right on believing that. Funniest thing I have read all day.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Again, it's funnier than hell that now the righties are all claiming that they hated Bush. I bet you had some of those W action figures, Tip, didn't you? You know, the ones where he's dressed as a dreamy fighter pilot!
I find this funny too. At one point he was The Chosen One of the Republican Party. Remember all that talk about permanent Republican majority? Remember how much all of the righties fell all over themselves when he played dress up as a fighter pilot? Too funny.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

It's cuz they're not actually interested in the country's economy or making compromises, Joe. They just want to play politics and clown. They'll watch the economy slide down the toilet if it scores them political points with the extremist wing of the right.
Yes. All republicans want the country to fail and slide into chaos. Very astute observation. We're all evil sonsabitches who will somehow profit from total economic collapse.

Could be that we freakin understand ECONOMICS and know you can't SPEND your way out of a freakin recession. DEBT is what got us INTO the problem in the first place. Debt and a huge run up in GOVT spending. And before you throw your excuse of BUSH at me, let me tell you that I supported very few of his policies. Esp over the last 3-4 years.
Republicans understand economics?? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Right. Sure. You go right on believing that. Funniest thing I have read all day.
I'd bet that as a whole, yes...they do. The leadership of the past few years, maybe not so much.

I know one thing...ah fuck it...I'm really going to quit trying to get into this shit on these boards. Really makes me think less of some of you.

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Right. These are the same clowns who have now invited Joe the Plumber to come up and speak to them on the economic recovery, and who are taking their marching orders from Rush Limbaugh. Please, continue to follow that path - it will keep them in the political wilderness for years to come.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

You have to go through the darkness to find the light. The Republican party will emerge from the wilderness slowly, reborn leaner and yet stronger, IMO. Then, a few years later, the Dems will go through a similar period.
radbag

Post by radbag »

just like the yankees....they suck and will continue to suck.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Right. These are the same clowns who have now invited Joe the Plumber to come up and speak to them on the economic recovery, and who are taking their marching orders from Rush Limbaugh. Please, continue to follow that path - it will keep them in the political wilderness for years to come.
and for the record, i don't listen to rush limbaugh...never have actually...i guess he's neo-con?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

and for the record, i don't listen to rush limbaugh...never have actually...i guess he's neo-con?
I don't either...but I suppose I'm marching to his orders. No matter...I know one thing, I'm damn glad not to be taking my marching orders from slider.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Yea, the Dems have forgotten that the only reason the Republicans suck has been the power of the neo-cons. The party has been hijacked.
radbag

Post by radbag »

seriously - i get accused for listening to rush limbaugh or ann coulter and i don't even follow what they say like people think i do...or should.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

People who listen to Rush:

35-70 white males with no kids
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

You should start. Rush has the hookup for prescription drugs. Oh wait, he wanted to throw all drug offenders in jail. Maybe I am thinking of the wrong guy.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

i bet you know more about rush limbaugh than i do....and i don't say that to insult you.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I listened to Rush Limbaugh back in the day. Contrary to popular opinion[sup]1[/sup], I have always thought he lost his mojo when Bill Clinton was elected.

Prior to that time, he was a lone voice in the wilderness, calling to conservatives. He brought attention to stories that no one else in the mainstream media was reporting. He questioned assumptions and did it with comic flair.

His act got a lot more stale during the '90s because it got to be too easy. It's easy to rhetorically criticize those in power; it doesn't take as much effort to dig up your dirt. Now it's all sound and fury (or at least the snippets I occasionally hear) with little substance - the same thing he used to accuse liberals of.

I haven't listened to him since around 1993.

[sup]1[/sup] Popular opinion being that Bill Clinton's election was the greatest thing to ever happen to Rush Limbaugh.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I don't either...but I suppose I'm marching to his orders. No matter...I know one thing, I'm damn glad not to be taking my marching orders from slider.
You'd do well taking orders from me. :)

You might not be following his orders, but the House Republicans surely are, and most of the Senate Republicans are as well - as evidenced by Congressman Gingrey from GA who called Ruch to kiss his ass for comments he made in Politico. So please Republicans, keep kissing Rush's ass. That is the best way to ensure that they stay out of power in the minority.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^slider, don't take this the wrong way but you always show and quote comedy shows on these subjects. NOT thay YOU are one of them, but I think it's sad that so many people get their news through these shows. I'm all for entertainment but there are so many peeps who can only quote things from these shows when asked questions about political news. Like I said, I'm not saying you are one of those people but I do notice you post and comment on these shows a lot and it just reminded me. Again...not dissing you, just commenting.
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

I would take that as a insult, m7, and rightfully so...and I think it would be a valid one. Too many people get their news from agenda driven blithering idiot comedians like Colbert and Stewart...it's frightening.

Hell, I think Minnesota even elected a comedian Senator. Of course, those are the same idiots who voted in a wrestling Governor.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Well I didn't mean it as a personal insult to slider. I surely did mean it as an insult to those who get their news from comedy shows. Yes.
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

All the news shows are a joke IMO Allison. The couple on Comedy Central you are pointing out don't sell themselves as news though, they sell themselves as a parody of what you see on CNN/Fox/etc. I think they have as much qualification to pontificate about whats going on in the world as the next yahoo on CNN/Fox/etc.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Oh, I don't mean they shouldn't be allowed to do what they do...if you're watching them for entertainment, that's fine. I am relating to conversations I've had with people who don't ever read anything and never watch any news...but they are quick to act like they understand politics because they can quote from Colbert. As a journalism major I get quite disturbed by the news which is why I try to get conflicting points of view on things. It would be nice if they would make it easier on me and do that in ONE article...but you can't trust journalists these days to do that kind of thing.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack...I'm a little bored today.
Okay, let's try this!