Opening Day for Baseball

Fuckbeans.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

I need my man J to hook me up with some Rays/Yanks tickets.
Funny you should say that. Kim works with a woman who is from New York and is a big Yanquis fan. I told her that the next time it's a weekend series in St Pete with the Yanks, we should all get tickets and go. I'll let you know if we settle on a weekend and see if you can make it over here.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

Dammit to hell.

Braves are 14-4 at home...and if they can't come back from down 3 runs right now they will be 4-14 on the road, with the second leg of a double header this afternoon to give them a chance at 4-15. I've never seen such ineptness out of a (supposedly) good team.

Frustrating ain't it?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

and the Braves leave two more on in the 7th...have stranded 12 so far today.

urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

pitt has four errors on top of the braves five hits and still nuttin?! wow
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

6 hits for the braves urap...and only 3 for the Pirates. No errors for the Braves and 4 for the Pirates...yet somehow, Braves losing 3-0.

This shit is aggravating.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Oh yeah...to make things better...Texiera left the game for some unknown reason in the 4th...still havent' figured out what happened to him.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

and Manny Acosta makes sure the game is out of reach giving up a 2-run HR to that goofball Adam "OOOHHH...I see something shiny" LaRoche...

I'd send that fucker packing to AA immediately if I were Bobby Cox. This is the same dumbass pitcher who allowed a BUNT by the NATIONALS to go through his FREAKING LEGS....then proceeded to walk in the tying run. I'm done with him.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

and so it ends...15 runners stranded...8 hits and 4 errors in favor of the Braves and not one stinking run.

urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

fortunately for you, the majority of double headers end in splits. at leat you got that going for you...
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

I'm not counting on it...not the way we play on the road...I'm now expecting a four-game sweep of the Braves by the Pirates...disgusting.

urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

fyi - marlins have 3 homers thru 3 in cincy. that ball park is just rediculously small.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

Braves managed 8-1 win in the second game Jimmy
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

see jimmy? even the braves can split a double header. no worries.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

yeah, they are now 2-5 v. Pittsburgh this year.

I'll take the win, hopefully it gives them some road confidence going into Philly.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

a1, how 'bout them Rays???

22-16...just .5 games out of first.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Rays didn't get their 22 win last year until May 30th and in 2006 it was June 1.

a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

a1, how 'bout them Rays???

22-16...just .5 games out of first.
We whaled on the Yanquis last night. I'm pretty jacked about this team. I told you guys before the season we were gonna be better than anyone expected. They're a fun group to watch and it's obvious they're having a lot of fun doing what they're doing.
TheTodd

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TheTodd »

I watched a little of that game last night and the only thing I took away from it was either the Rays are really good hitters or the Yankee pitching sucks. I will have to say that the Rays are a fast team on the bases based on what I saw last night. With that said, the DH sucks and all you American leaguers can bite the big one.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

I watched a little of that game last night and the only thing I took away from it was either the Rays are really good hitters or the Yankee pitching sucks. I will have to say that the Rays are a fast team on the bases based on what I saw last night. With that said, the DH sucks and all you American leaguers can bite the big one.
Agreed on that, Todd. I'm a Braves fan and National League fan, first. However, I adopted the Rays as my 2nd team when they started up, there just hasn't been any reason to watch them until this year. The last few years they've had some decent sticks in their lineup...just no pitching to back them up, more specifically, no bullpen to sustain any kind of lead. That doesn't appear to be the case this year. Percival, among others, was a huge acquisition.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

The Yankee staff, with the exception of Wang, is awful. Mussina's last few starts are better but the whole pitching staff is awful.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

You guys got that right about the Rays pitching staff. Last year, every game was predictable. The starters were good and we would take leads into the 6th and 7th inning, but when we went to the bullpen, we were toast. The bullpen this year is a totally different story.

And Todd's right about our baserunners. Carl Crawford and BJ Upton both have wheels and Aki and Longoria haven't been too shabby either.

Plus, the Rays defense has been exceptional this year.
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

as of end of play tuesday 5/13

Yanks-40
Rays-38
Mets-29

Marlins-57
Mets-29+16+5.5=50.5

mets have 2 games to make up a 6.5 HR difference. it's not impossible, but highly unlikely.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Yankees finally beat the Rays last night. Mussina is coming along. He pitched well last night. We might finally have two decent starters to go with Joba and Rivera in the pen.
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

^^^how can any self respecting man not from ny root for the yankees? [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ninja.gif[/img]
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Who accused me of being self respecting?
I am the law, bitches!