i'm rallying mf'er!
how do you figure?

you gained no ground on TT and only 1 on a1

And that fucker works in finance, yo.
I am the law, bitches!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I'll say this...urap was stupid to take that bet at 5.5...at any stretch, with a lineup of Beltran, Delgado, Wright and Reyes, the Mets are liable to catch fire. Conversely, the Marlins with a lineup of....I don't know who the hell they are...is liable to go stone cold.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Reyes will have zero effect on the outcome of the bet. I doubt he has hit a single HR this year and has probably not hit 20 HR's in a season yet. I agree that it was a bad bet for urap though. +5.5 in a one month stretch is tough to make up. If it was the life of the season then fine, but not in 27-30 games.
I am the law, bitches!
annarborgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by annarborgator »

Reyes is still developing...he's the kind of guy who could hit 25-30HR a year between the ages of 27 and 32. It may take him another couple years...but his gap power combined with the solid BB/K ratio makes me think his HR totals will jump to a little higher plateau.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

Reyes will have zero effect on the outcome of the bet. I doubt he has hit a single HR this year and has probably not hit 20 HR's in a season yet. I agree that it was a bad bet for urap though. +5.5 in a one month stretch is tough to make up. If it was the life of the season then fine, but not in 27-30 games.

i'll give you the mets at this point going out til May 15th giving you 1.5 HRs if you like.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Reyes is still developing...he's the kind of guy who could hit 25-30HR a year between the ages of 27 and 32. It may take him another couple years...but his gap power combined with the solid BB/K ratio makes me think his HR totals will jump to a little higher plateau.

He needs to worry about getting his BA up instead of playing long ball. I don't think he has ever hit over .300 for the year. That isn't good for a leadoff man. He needs to be around .315 to .330.
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

i didn't like the 5.5, thought it was big. but the cost/benefit was alright and i had to factor in manny being a big pussy about taking the bet. but here's my logic:

2007 for the marlins 5 power hitters:

ramirez: 639AB, 29HR
uggla: 632AB, 31HR
willingham: 521AB, 21HR
hermida: 429AB, 18HR
jacobs: 426AB, 17HR

jacobs and hermida were injured for a good part of last season and jacobs was platooned whenever a lefty was pitching. this season jacobs has 5HR so far and 2 or 3 has been off lefties. the marlins hitting 21 homers in 13 games is a lot but not surprizing. other players have power as well as those. cody ross and robert andino can poke one out too.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

i'll give you the mets at this point going out til May 15th giving you 1.5 HRs if you like.

Run along, I am tired of taking food off of your kid's plates.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

Run along, I am tired of taking food off of your kid's plates.

dude - i'm just trying to oblige you since you've got an opinion... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/yap2.gif[/img]

shoot me for trying to get you involved.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

i didn't like the 5.5, thought it was big. but the cost/benefit was alright and i had to factor in manny being a big pussy about taking the bet. but here's my logic:

2007 for the marlins 5 power hitters:

ramirez: 639AB, 29HR
uggla: 632AB, 31HR
willingham: 521AB, 21HR
hermida: 429AB, 18HR
jacobs: 426AB, 17HR

jacobs and hermida were injured for a good part of last season and jacobs was platooned whenever a lefty was pitching. this season jacobs has 5HR so far and 2 or 3 has been off lefties. the marlins hitting 21 homers in 13 games is a lot but not surprizing. other players have power as well as those. cody ross and robert andino can poke one out too.

now HERE'S a MAN who has an opinion, is researched, and BACKS IT THE PHUCK UP.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

dude - i'm just trying to oblige you since you've got an opinion... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/yap2.gif[/img]

Is my opinion that far off base? You know baseball. Would you have taken the same bet if the situations were reversed? Doubtful. I do commend you for getting urap into a bad bet though.
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

i know it's a bad bet. what can i say, i'll take a bad bet if the cost/benefit is right. for me the cost is 2 drinks...even at manhattan prices that's still $20 to $25 tops and the benefits is having more reason to follow baseball and if i win it'll be sweeter because the odds are in favor of the mets.

to me, it's your standard cost/benefit analysis.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

Is my opinion that far off base? You know baseball. Would you have taken the same bet if the situations were reversed? Doubtful. I do commend you for getting urap into a bad bet though.

meh - urap is obliging my bet cause he knows i won't allow him to buy me a beer here in NYC unless it was him paying off a bet...either way, if i win or lose, we all win...point blank

but you think i'm rippin his face off so i merely gave you an opportunity to take the other side of that bet...since it was your opinion. i'm asking laying you 1.5HRs cause the 4 HR spread between your bet and my bet with urap is my kill zone. i win both bets in that scenario...i will likely lose one bet and win the other...i can't lose both bets...that's what we call a 'hedge' -- i'm entitled.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

actually, judging by the way your Mets having been hitting HRs thus far, you could lose both.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

i know it's a bad bet. what can i say, i'll take a bad bet if the cost/benefit is right. for me the cost is 2 drinks...even at manhattan prices that's still $20 to $25 tops and the benefits is having more reason to follow baseball and if i win it'll be sweeter because the odds are in favor of the mets.

No, no, no. I am not trying to belittle you. Especially when the end result is camaraderie. I would have probably ended up making a similar bet knowing the end result was hanging out in a bar with friends drinking a Crown on the rocks. I just like to bust Rad's balls. At least make him buy you a fine cigar since he played you into buying a round of drinks.
I am the law, bitches!
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

...i can't lose both bets...that's what we call a 'hedge' -- i'm entitled.
Is that the same "hedge" you made with J? You were using the Rays to cover for the Yanks. How is that working out? Rad, I am just fucking with you, dude. You are going to hate playing golf with me.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

...i can't lose both bets...that's what we call a 'hedge' -- i'm entitled.
Is that the same "hedge" you made with J? You were using the Rays to cover for the Yanks. How is that working out? Rad, I am just fucking with you, dude. You are going to hate playing golf with me.

we're fucking with each other.

josh's bet was me trying to rip his eyes out.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

actually, judging by the way your Mets having been hitting HRs thus far, you could lose both.

mets < marlins by 6+, i beat tt, i lose to urap
mets < marlins by 5, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 4, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 3, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 2, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 1, i lose to tt, i beat urap
mets = marlins, i lose to tt, i beat urap
mets > marlins by 1+, i lose to tt, i beat urap

how do you figure i lose both?
RickySlade

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by RickySlade »

I don't know...he could hit you up for a couple of World Cocktails.
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

mets < marlins by 6+, i beat tt, i lose to urap
mets < marlins by 5, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 4, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 3, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 2, i beat tt, i beat urap
mets < marlins by 1, i lose to tt, i beat urap
mets = marlins, i lose to tt, i beat urap
mets > marlins by 1+, i lose to tt, i beat urap

how do you figure i lose both?
lo siento...I thought you were giving him another bet between Mets and Yanks.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

TT - if your friend can hook me up with any tickets i'd greatly appreciate it. i'll find some way to repay you, easiest way would be with pga tour passes, but i don't think there are events back in florida for a while besides the championship. anyway, any weekend games or weekday night games i'd be able to go. excpt for weekends in may and the 2 weeks i'm heading for the oregon trail.
When are you heading to the Oregon Trail? I will see Benny tonight so I will let him know what you need. Would you prefer a weekend game or a weeknight evening game? Your choice, it is all the same to me.
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

i prefer weekend games, but weekday is just as good. the stadium is only a 25 minute drive so any game is good to me. can you ask how who i need to contact to get a happy birthday message on the big screen for my dad? i see them do that sometimes.

i'm planning on going to oregon with my lady in late june or july. can't wait. the more we look into it, the better it's looking.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

i prefer weekend games, but weekday is just as good. the stadium is only a 25 minute drive so any game is good to me. can you ask how who i need to contact to get a happy birthday message on the big screen for my dad? i see them do that sometimes.

i'm planning on going to oregon with my lady in late june or july. can't wait. the more we look into it, the better it's looking.
I will ask him. I doubt that is something he would know but I will inquire nonetheless.
I am the law, bitches!