Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Presser at 4

radbag

Dave Hart is out as FSU's AD

Post by radbag »

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Over the summer it was learned that Dave Hart's long run as Florida State's Director of Athletics will come to an end. In a letter dated May 29, Florida State president T.K. Wetherell informed Hart that his contract would not be renewed. On Thursday it was learned that his term at FSU will come to an end even sooner than expected.

Hart, 58, announced during a press conference that he was stepping down as Florida State's Director of Athletics effective December 31, 2007.

"After much deliberation and reflection, I believe it is in the best interest of staff, coaches, student athletes and others to eliminate the uncertainty surrounding my inevitable departure from Florida State University - a University I care deeply about," Hart said. "My wife and I have 13 years of wonderful memories which will accompany us for a lifetime. I would like to thank those people who I have been blessed to work with and get to know within the Seminole family, which includes our staff, coaches, student-athletes, faculty, university administration, Seminole Boosters, student body and fans."

In 1999, Hart signed an 10-year extension that would have kept him on through 2009, but as a result of building tension between Wetherell and Hart, his resignation from FSU was expedited. In the separation agreement, the University agreed to pay $475,000 to pay off the remainder of his contract.

Hart arrived from East Carolina University in 1995 and since then FSU's athletics department budget has more than doubled along with revenues, with a high percentage of that increase going towards the growth and development of women's athletics programs. During his tenure at FSU, he has served as President of both the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics and the Division I-A Athletics Directors' Association. He was also named Athletics Director of the Year in the Southeast Region in 2000 and 2005.

An interim AD will be officially named tomorrow.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

How sad. *chuckle*
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

was expected since they didn't re-up his contract
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Boo! Hart was teh best AD evar!!!
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Hart, 58, announced during a press conference that he was stepping down as Florida State's Director of Athletics effective December 31, 2007.

Well, at least he'll still be there for their bowl game.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img] @ toothy.

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

lol

i hear jeffy is available. i mean that's why they bought out his contract and got jimbo right? i mean it's the same old offense over there at f$u, so it must have all been in the "master plan".
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.