Fair catch in the UConn/Louisville game

Fuckbeans.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Did anyone see that nonsense? The dude from UConn signals a fair catch, everyone slows up, then the dude takes off and scores a touchdown!!! THEN, the refs let it go and give them the TD saying he wasn't calling fair catch...but his hand and arm clearly were up swinging for a catch. Unbelievable. That didn't happen, and UConn wouldn't have won that game.

Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for UConn...I have a bunch of relatives in Hartford. But that was unbelievable.
Okay, let's try this!

apexgator

Post by apexgator »

Didn't catch the game M7. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I watched hockey instead. Then the HS football hilites
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

you watched hockey???

I don't care if it was D-III football - you watch that over hockey all day every day.

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I didn't see the Louisville-UConn game, but from watching USF-Rutgers, the Big East officials don't know what the heck they're doing. They were uniformly suck.
radbag

Post by radbag »

what was worse were all the uconn guys laughing about them getting one over on the refs....supposedly, the hand raised doesn't constitute a fair catch signal...it must be a hand raised and a wave (in a back and forth motion)...clearly, all he did was stick his arm up in the air...by definition, it was NOT a fair catch signal...so if the defenders had railed him upon catching the ball, the defenders are then left to interpret whether that was legit or not...i don't know if you want to take that chance that late in the game and that tight a score...

i thought he waved when i was watching it live...and when he ran, i thought they were gonna flag him for delay of game...all the players sort of just stood around and ran through the motions...unbelievable that that play kinda won the game for uconn....well louieville sucks anyways but it sucks to go out like that.