Love her

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
G8rMom7

Love her

Post by G8rMom7 »

Michelle Bachman speaking at the Independance Institute in Colorado. Just a warning they are long. If you only want to watch one part, I'd watch the Q and A...it's better. She says at the end of the second part that Nancy Pelosi has her on the top of her list of Congressmen she wants to get rid of. LOL

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62685026

Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Love her

Post by radbag »

too animate imo.
MinGator

Love her

Post by MinGator »

that's a shallow basis for criticism. are you agreeing with the message just not the presentation?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Love her

Post by radbag »

I think we're probably on the same side of the ledger

I just can't get past her first answer to the Q&A...way too much hand gesturing and over the top animated.

She could use more polish if she wants to be more effective. Way too distracting.

The stammering is bearable though
annarborgator

Love her

Post by annarborgator »

Maybe she was trying her hand at her own version of ASL? ;D

I hear what you're saying rad, but I also think her lack of polish makes her seem even more sincere and makes her come across like she's a straight shooter. Maybe I'm just leery of the perfectly rehearsed public speaking of most high level politicians.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

Love her

Post by G8rMom7 »

Yeah, she just seems more real to me. And up until her and some other prominent figures that have emerged lately, I just thought all politicians were just a very different breed than me. Not that I'm a lot like her, but I can sure relate to her a lot better than most. Probably the fact that she has 5 kids...I probably just relate to her on that maternal level or something.

She sure does a better job than I do at expressing her frustration. I say something thoughtful like "pffffffft".
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Love her

Post by radbag »

i hear ya AA and i definitely agree w/you in that she comes off as a "real" person as a result...but don't be fooled for one minute about her not "being rehearsed"

she's definitely "pre-prepared" and you can tell that...you can tell that when she answers a question without actually listening to the speaker...she's actually looking down at papers and fidgeting with her glasses while the lady speaker asks her question...is the person asking the question not worthy of her full attention?
annarborgator

Love her

Post by annarborgator »

Oh I don't doubt she's been prepped on the info and when she's in front of a friendly crowd I'm sure she has a good idea of what she's going to be asked...I just think her shtick is what it is for a reason....she ain't talking to the entire nation on 7 networks or to the UN....she knows her audience and plays to it...she wouldn't play as well in that sitch if she was more polished.
radbag

Love her

Post by radbag »

agreed that the un-polished approach is very rehearsed and is most probably practiced.

just think it's a bit over the top...distracting....and ineffective imo.
annarborgator

Love her

Post by annarborgator »

Well you're used to the well-polished big city boy approach. Gotta remember she's from MN and represents those folks.