Weather delay

Fuckbeans.
slideman67

Weather delay

Post by slideman67 »

Question for the group - I've been following Gator football since 1989, and I can not remember a weather delay like that in those years. I remember in 1992 playing in a monsoon in Knoxville, but I don't think they delayed the game. When is the last time there was a delay like this?

In 1994, the last year my wife and I were students, it poured every home game in the first quarter, only to have a cloudless sky by the third quarter, so you just sat and broiled. I don't recall any game delays then.

Just checking.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
G8rMom7

Weather delay

Post by G8rMom7 »

I remember sitting in the rain during many games. I think with this one, it was lightning...which has been really bad this summer. And then with the destiny of the game pretty much apparent, I don't think they wanted to risk the injuries, for a meaningless game that was already won.
Okay, let's try this!

degator

Weather delay

Post by degator »

It must be a new rule. I remember sitting in Tiger Stadium with lightning and a down pour watching games. Since stadiums are going up so high, guess people started to get hurt?
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
Toothy

Weather delay

Post by Toothy »

It's an SEC rule about lightning, according to Mick Hubert.

Kids these days.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Weather delay

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

the game against Ohio (the Bobcats, not the Bucknuts) was delayed (either 2002 or 2003 I can't remember which at the moment)

UFgirlfan07

Weather delay

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

the game against Ohio (the Bobcats, not the Bucknuts) was delayed (either 2002 or 2003 I can't remember which at the moment)

I remember that. It was '02.