Appalachian State battling the Wolverines!

Fuckbeans.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

14-14 in the second; AppSt QB doesn't have an incompletion yet; Michigan punts again and AppSt takes over the Michigan 38.

Michigan's gonna win this game, but DAMN, Lloyd, did you feed your boys breakfast? Did they know they were gonna play football today?
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Holy sh_t. I'm gonna have to listen to the fourth quarter of that one on the podcast tomorrow. Appalachian drives all the way, kicks a field goal to go up 34-32 with 26 seconds left, then allows Michigan a 48-yard pass to Manningham to the 20 yard line. And Michigan does what? Misses the field goal at the gun.

Playing close against the sacrificial lamb can sometimes be a good thing -- scares the team, gets them riled and careful for the league opener.

Getting beat at home by the sacrificial lamb can never be a good thing.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Bill is so mad that this game wasn't on Gameplan. We can't wait to see all the commentary on that one! At least I'm pretty sure we'll jump them in the polls!
Okay, let's try this!

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

urap and I met up at a sports bar in Tampa to watch the game. When Appy St blocked that last second field goal, that place exploded in cheers. Some drunk chica in a Michigan State shirt was jumping up and down cheering that one. Focking awesome!
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I grew up and still am, as some of you may remember, a Michigan fan.

Calling this the greatest college football upset ever -- well, it's a little early for that.

But Lloyd Carr is done.
Pantanoso

Post by Pantanoso »

I may have enjoyed this more than the win over wku. I used to spend time in Boone. I wouldn't mind living up there. You could get good seats for those games.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

You know who's a student at Appy St, don't you? This is who Big Blue got beaten by:

[html]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="[url]http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww"></param><param[/url] name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="[url]http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww"[/url] type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/html]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Well, Michigan boasts this guy. Higher education is a falling tree.

[url]http://the-back-alley.com/viewtopic.php?t=509[/url]
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I grew up and still am, as some of you may remember, a Michigan fan.

Calling this the greatest college football upset ever -- well, it's a little early for that.

But Lloyd Carr is done.

Toothy, I'm not trying to rub it in, as I don't know how I would react had this happened or ever happens to Florida. However, how can you not call it that??

Can you think of a bigger/better one?

Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Sure. Oberlin 7, Ohio State 6.

Southern Miss over top-ranked Florida State.

I'm not gonna sit here and try to redeem this Wolverine loss. This was a jaw-dropper. But Wikicheck this out:

Appalachian State won the Division I-AA National Football Championship over the University of Northern Iowa 21-16 on December 16, 2005. It is the first NCAA Football Championship by any college in North Carolina. On December 15, 2006 Appalachian defeated the University of Massachusetts 28-17 to claim the Division I FCS National Championship, their second consecutive NCAA national title. The Mountaineers have also claimed seven Southern Conference football titles in 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005 and 2006.

AppState is a team that has shown that it knows how to close the deal. Two straight national championships -- yes, at a decidedly lower rung, but good players come out of that league too. They aren't some hayseeds who just learned to play football: they're two-time defending national champion.

(Which makes me think: if last year's Gator hoops team were to take on a top-ten NBA team and win, how big an upset would that be?)

Contrast AppState with Lloyd Carr's Wolverines, who, it must be said, couldn't close a deal if it were selling crack to a junkie. Started 11-0 last year and now have lost three straight.

It's one of the great upsets ever -- but look at the writers online who are calling it the greatest ever, and appreciate that few if any of them have ever heard of Paul Hornung. There's zero historical perspective for most people making that claim.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Michigan is getting worked by Oregon right now.
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

michigan is hte gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

katie is hte druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunkkk...?..
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

yes she was, passed out by the time i got home from work
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

Nice...it's a good night when you're down for the count by 10 pm.
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Ha ha! Michigan sux it!

Now let's see if the Fighting Zookers can make next week even more hilarious by beat tOSU today.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Illini up by a touchdown on the squirrel nuts at halftime

radbag

Post by radbag »

now up by 14 - LMAO!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

The Zookers pulled it off--fight broke out between the teams after the game, because as the tOSU fans never tired of telling us, they are ALL CLASS.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

LMAO, a1