Screen

You got a problem? Tell us.
degator

Screen

Post by degator »

Well, my monitor has blinked its last time. I booted up the system yesterday, then proceeded to go to my normal sites. Next thing I know, the monitor is black, no green light nothing. I made sure everything was plugged in. Nothing, no green blink. It is about 8 years old or so.

Anyway, can I just get a cheap monitor? Well I really want a cool flat one like pman here has. How much do these things run? Remember I live in BFE, there is only an office depot here, and sears, and penny's. Oops sorry also radio shack.

Let me know, cause I am stuck in pman's room on his, and I miss my bookmarks
[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_sad.gif[/img]
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
radbag

Screen

Post by radbag »

i just checked office depot and they are selling 15" CRT monitors (the blocky ones) for $30 cheaper than the flat panel 17" ones.

imho - that's not much of a cost savings for smaller screen and bigger, bulkier monitor...for me, if it would've been cheaper by triple digits, i would consider it. might as well go flat panel

http://www.officedepot.com/browse.do?Nr=200000&N=265507
DocZaius

Screen

Post by DocZaius »

I would go flat panel if I were you.

And don't discount the POWER OF THE INTARWEBS!

Newegg.com always has great deals on everything and they have plenty of reviews, too. You can figure out if you're buying a lemon or not.
degator

Screen

Post by degator »

sweet, all these will just plug into what I have right? So, I pick up a new monitor, and just plug it in right?
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
radbag

Screen

Post by radbag »

correct
degator

Screen

Post by degator »

thanks baby, I will stop by there on Friday, and then we can continue to exchange those pictures. w [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/3some.gif[/img]
radbag

Screen

Post by radbag »

was wondering why you stopped sending me those 'candids'

was beginning to think you no likey me no more [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/vcry.gif[/img]
TheTodd

Screen

Post by TheTodd »

See if you can borrow a monitor before you buy. Just to make sure it's the monitor that went bad and not your graphics card.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
degator

Screen

Post by degator »

well, damn don't go throwing things like that out there. The little green light doesn't come on when I push it.......... checked to make sure everything was plugged in........ ok, I will swipe pman's off his puter to check.
degator

Screen

Post by degator »

ok it is me again. I stole pman's screen. I use my puter more then he does his. I will get him a new one.......... one day. Anyway. It is hooked up and everything. But the damn pages are so big. Like the back alley here no longer fits nicely into my sceen. How do I fix that? I went under view and played around there. I even went to my desktop and played with those icons and such. Remember I am not bright when it comes to this, so don't use big words. Thanks.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Screen

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

de,

Go to your control panel (either through "my computer" or through the start button at the bottom of the screen):

click on "display"

click the "settings" tab

there should be a slider under the "screen resolution" area.

move the slider towards "more" until you have it the way you like it

degator

Screen

Post by degator »

you are good
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Screen

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I try.