Weiss gone

Fuckbeans.
TheTodd

Weiss gone

Post by TheTodd »

Taking Kansas HC job.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Toothy

Weiss gone

Post by Toothy »

Fuck that guy. Never ever enter the state of Florida again. How he got a job off this outhouse of a season is beyond me, but I guess I'm thankful.
Toothy

Weiss gone

Post by Toothy »

PS: Fuck that guy.
TheTodd

Weiss gone

Post by TheTodd »

It's Kansas, that's how.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
DocZaius

Weiss gone

Post by DocZaius »

Not shedding any tears here.
TheTodd

Weiss gone

Post by TheTodd »

Who wants Kerwin? Brian White?
slideman67

Weiss gone

Post by slideman67 »

Can I go back to calling him Cheeseburger Charlie now?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
G8rMom7

Weiss gone

Post by G8rMom7 »

Funny slider, I thought about your favorite nickname when this was released. I really think he is just lazy and one of those people that gets credit for nothing. Just like Meyer takes credit for Tebow, Weis takes ccredit for Tom Brady. Meh, what goes around comes around.
Okay, let's try this!

AdGator02

Weiss gone

Post by AdGator02 »

Mike Shula?
slideman67

Weiss gone

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=G8rMom7]Funny slider, I thought about your favorite nickname when this was released. I really think he is just lazy and one of those people that gets credit for nothing. Just like Meyer takes credit for Tebow, Weis takes ccredit for Tom Brady. Meh, what goes around comes around.[/QUOTE]

You may be right. I have to admit, my comment about him stems from his comment about us moving ahead of ND on a bye week, and my dislike of Notre Dame. We was supposed to be an offensive genius. If so, why did we have such a lousy season?
Toothy

Weiss gone

Post by Toothy »

I'll give him one thing: he got John Brantley out of the Urban Meyer spread and into a pro-style offense, where he looked like a promising sophomore. Trouble is, he isn't a sophomore.

The rest of the offense? I am not sure he knew anyone else by name.
slideman67

Weiss gone

Post by slideman67 »

He did say that Demps and Rainey were the best two backs he ever had. Again, why did we have such a lousy season then? SOS won the SEC with a lot less than we have now.
TheTodd

Weiss gone

Post by TheTodd »

[quote=AdGator02]Mike Shula?[/QUOTE]

I fucking hope not.
radbag

Weiss gone

Post by radbag »

Efff him! he can go eat a big bag of D's
DocZaius

Weiss gone

Post by DocZaius »

[quote=slideman67]He did say that Demps and Rainey were the best two backs he ever had. Again, why did we have such a lousy season then? SOS won the SEC with a lot less than we have now.[/QUOTE]

102nd in total offense in 2011. We weren't exactly lighting it up in 2010, but 102nd is just awful. We should be at least in the top half of the country each and every year, regardless of who is coaching.
slideman67

Weiss gone

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=DocZaius]102nd in total offense in 2011. We weren't exactly lighting it up in 2010, but 102nd is just awful. We should be at least in the top half of the country each and every year, regardless of who is coaching.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Wow, I didn't know we were that bad.

Have we gotten a new OC yet? Do we have a new O Line Coach?
G8Rpmc

Weiss gone

Post by G8Rpmc »

No new OC yet. Local news tonight said that Kerwin had interviewed, and they mentioned Mike Shula. Can't remember if newscaster said Shula interviewed or not..? Newscaster played a clip of Muschamp saying how particular they were going to be concerning hiring a new OC, and that they were going to make sure they got the right person for the type of offense the Gators want to run, etc. Muschamp said he had so many calls from people wanting to interview that he changed his phone number. Then he said he was kidding about changing his number. :-)

I've not been a fan of Weiss either. He has a home in my county. His wife and special needs daughter are going to stay here, as they have a horse farm and love it here. Two weeks before the news was out that he was leaving, he was on the news saying that he had a daughter (?) that is a freshman at UF, and his wife loves it here, and he was planning on staying at UF. Things change quickly in this business.

Marty and I think he was "quietly" fired. Muschamp had to get rid of him....scape-goat. If things continued with Weiss next year as it was this past year, then Muschamp would be taking the fall, so Muschamp needed to get rid of him now. Just a theory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
G8rMom7

Weiss gone

Post by G8rMom7 »

I really think it was because of the job Weiss was doing...I mean at least the defense improved as the season went on...the offense got worse as the season went on...that shouldn't happen. Even if we still lost games, the play should not deteriorate as the season progresses.
Okay, let's try this!

G8Rpmc

Weiss gone

Post by G8Rpmc »

True, Allison. I agree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
radbag

Weiss gone

Post by radbag »

i like that assessment pammy...i buy into it.
TheTodd

Weiss gone

Post by TheTodd »

I like what Pam had to say about the situation.