Of raids long past...

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
DocZaius

Of raids long past...

Post by DocZaius »

Lacuna tells the story:

Grid was an unfortunate and innocent casualty in a forum raid that occurred 4 years ago in which he did not participate. It involved two non GatorCountry boards and the GC Pub. The instigator of the raid was the former GC Pub moderator Radbag and renegades who had formed their own Pub-like board apart from GC. In an episode of maliciousness Radbag's group acquired alternate usernames that were similar to, but not identical to, usernames belonging to members of the original group who set up their own no-holds-barred non GC Pub in 2003 or 04. Many in this original group had maintained their GC memberships and were frequent and valuable contributors on other GC boards including Too Hot. One was GridWizard.

The original group did not participate in the Pub raid but Radbag's group, by using the similar usernames to ones belonging to them, made it appear the original group was making the raid. The unfortunate fallout to this contretemps was the mass banning of most all of the people from the original group who had formed the first non GC Pub in 2003 or 04.

I thought blanket amnesty had been granted to the original group since the ugly details of the raid emerged a couple of years ago? Anyway, I will say Grid, under another username, is once again posting and is a valuable and insightful contributor to this forum.

Thread on Too Hot; someone claiming to be RMagic also makes an appearance.
G8rMom7

Of raids long past...

Post by G8rMom7 »

Funny, I don't ever remember posing as one of the "originals" (for some reason I'm thinking of Spinal Tap...were WE the NEW originals?) and being a part of a "raid". Oh well, I didn't even think the Pub even existed anymore...maybe that was the one of Scout I'm thinking of.
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Of raids long past...

Post by DocZaius »

Yeah, I think there's definitely some confusion going on there. Or intentional mis-remembering.

I did a couple of quick searches to see what else has been said and found the following gem:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?p=4540671&mode=linear#post4540671

[quote=Gator515151]A couple of years back I was invited to a private site where a few of the guys who split with Gator Country were hanging out. I didn't visit but a few times, there was too much back stabbing, name calling and bad mouthing going on. Half the stuff they talked about was over my head anyway. I try to get along with everybody and those guys were unhappy with life in general. Like Darth said some of them were still lurkers and even posted every now and then under assumed names.[/quote]

Ok, 51 is entitled to his opinion. He didn't like it, I get that.

[quote=JohnC1908]I was there for about a month. There were some people there that just took stuff way too seriously.[/quote]

But what the fuck is this shit? JohnC1908? When was he here?
Weegie

Of raids long past...

Post by Weegie »

How odd. I haven't even thought about Gator Country in forever; why do these people still care? Who is JohnC1908?
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
slideman67

Of raids long past...

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=thewegian]How odd. I haven't even thought about Gator Country in forever; why do these people still care? Who is JohnC1908?[/QUOTE]

What Weg said.

You know what is funny? I still get the occasional e-mail from GC about signing up as a member. They seem to forget that they banned me.

Probably for the best since I was spending way too much time there.

Although, a new raid might be kind of fun.... :) *Evilgrin & Evillaugh"
G8rMom7

Of raids long past...

Post by G8rMom7 »

How do they explain how they treated the many of us who had nothing to do with any of the mess or raids? I have gone over there since and gotten some cordial recognition. And this was well after the BA started too. I also have no idea what the BA was actually like when we FIRST started it. I do know I did not see ONE post by 51. He may have read our initial 'WTF' type posts but I don't think I would have stayed if it were just filled with unhappy people.
Okay, let's try this!

Weegie

Of raids long past...

Post by Weegie »

Seriously . . . if it hadn't been fun, I wouldn't have stayed. I consider the BA a place to chat privately with my friends, not a place to go to be condescending and smarmy. It's interesting how people's perceptions of something can be so wildly different.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
Toothy

Of raids long past...

Post by Toothy »

Various groups of bitches shifting this way and that and pointing at the other groups and saying "THEY'RE the bitches."

The star-bellied sneetches had stars upon thars.
slideman67

Of raids long past...

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=thewegian]Seriously . . . if it hadn't been fun, I wouldn't have stayed. I consider the BA a place to chat privately with my friends, not a place to go to be condescending and smarmy. It's interesting how people's perceptions of something can be so wildly different.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I enjoy this place and chatting with you all.

OK, brain cramp as I forget - what was our private area in GC called again?

I am all for messing with GC if we can coordinate it. I would need a new name though as I am permanently banned.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Of raids long past...

Post by annarborgator »

lacuna is a decent woman...I've had many convos with her through PM...my guess is that she has only been exposed to a narrow view of the situation back then and swallowed whatever she was told.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Of raids long past...

Post by radbag »

i think 515151 and johnc1908 might be referring to the original splinter group...not us (the second splinter group)
DocZaius

Of raids long past...

Post by DocZaius »

Possibly, but I think 51 was referring to us.
bluegrassg8r

Of raids long past...

Post by bluegrassg8r »

That little shithead Cody von Trumpet player or whatever was like sand in my crack.
Star Kings Forever!
MinGator

Of raids long past...

Post by MinGator »

I believe the Bizaro Pub is the name you're looking for Slider.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
slideman67

Of raids long past...

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=g8rman95]I believe the Bizaro Pub is the name you're looking for Slider.[/QUOTE]

Thank You! Yes, I had brain cramped on that one.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.