Interest rates?

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
Tipmoose

Interest rates?

Post by Tipmoose »

So...how long before the fed buckles to the reality of inflation and starts raising interest rates? Also, how high do you see the rates going?
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
TheTodd

Interest rates?

Post by TheTodd »

I have no earthly idea.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Interest rates?

Post by radbag »

yesterday - the fed signaled to the market that they were committed to low rates (at the expense of course to inflation) to continue spurring on economic growth...i don't see a move until at least 9 more months.
G8rMom7

Interest rates?

Post by G8rMom7 »

I'm buying more silver.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Interest rates?

Post by radbag »

silver and gold have been on a tear since last weeks surprise comment from S&P on the creditworthiness of the US govt...gold has been bandied about the last several years as viable currency reserve substitutes...i believe the silver/gold spread will continue to narrow and i also believe we have yet to see the highs on each....stay tuned
annarborgator

Interest rates?

Post by annarborgator »

I don't know what to think anymore. I just know that things are gonna get much worse before they get better.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Interest rates?

Post by radbag »

i kinda agree wes...though the double-dip recession talk is kinda 'the sky is fallin' type talk these days...i honestly believe the fed will be willing to introduce another quantative easing round 3 if need be to prevent...but i agree - gonna get worse before it entirely gets better.
TheTodd

Interest rates?

Post by TheTodd »

I was reading this article from the WSJ http://on.wsj.com/fNkXWL and it quoted someone saying that gold is priced 25% above where is should be.

Historically, gold has moved with the money supply. During the last 30 years, the correlation has been about 69%, according to FactSet data. (A correlation of 100% means two indexes move in lockstep all the time; a correlation of minus-100% means they move in perfect opposition.) Based on the money supply alone, gold is priced 25% above where it should be, says Russ Koesterich, chief investment strategist at BlackRock Inc.'s iShares.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Interest rates?

Post by radbag »

funny you quote blackrock....in the fixed income world, blackrock and pimco are the heavyweights and at the moment, they are at opposite sides of the spectrum...pimco is selling em and blackrock is buying...it's an interesting time right now
G8rMom7

Interest rates?

Post by G8rMom7 »

Well when the shit goes down, at least we got a couple buckets full of silver coins to trade for a cow or chickens or whatever. ;)
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Interest rates?

Post by radbag »

[quote=radbag]yesterday - the fed signaled to the market that they were committed to low rates (at the expense of course to inflation) to continue spurring on economic growth...i don't see a move until at least 9 more months.[/QUOTE] let's revise it to another 24 months
DocZaius

Interest rates?

Post by DocZaius »

Who the fuck is this guy?^

edit: Nevermind. Pakistan IP address - spammer got through the filter somehow.
Last edited by DocZaius on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.