Blu-Ray Internet players

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8rMom7

Blu-Ray Internet players

Post by G8rMom7 »

We just got a new HDTV for the kids playroom. The old TV was awful and Bill being forced to watch the NCAA tourney out there while watching the kids in the pool, made him okay the new purchase.

I was going to just go get a regular DVD player (the kids are upset because I had to trade in our DVR boxes losing all the movies they had recorded. I promised to get a new DVD player and buy the one movie that they don't already have on DVD). But then I started thinking about these Blu-Ray players (that I know will play regular DVD's too) that have wi-fi or internet capabilities.

Since the computer I have for them is really old and on it's last leg and since they are usually using the internet for online entertainment (disneychannel.com videos, youtube videos etc.) I wondered if it would be worth it to get one of these DVD/Blu-Ray players. What kind of "internet" do you get? How does it work? Does the TV have to be internet ready? Can it just use the wireless router and modem I currently have?

Just starting the research process on this, so I'd appreciate any advice you may have.
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Blu-Ray Internet players

Post by TheTodd »

I think you get certain sites on the TV. Things like NetFlix and NetTV. Not sure what NetTV gives you. It probably depends on the TV but you'll either have a choice of a wired connection or a wireless connection. Yes, you would use the current wireless router you currently use.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8rMom7

Blu-Ray Internet players

Post by G8rMom7 »

Meh...I just went ahead and bought a $60 Sony HDMI DVD player. I'm lazy, what can I say.
Okay, let's try this!