A Rockin' Review of 2009 (to the tune of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody)

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
radbag

A Rockin' Review of 2009 (to the tune of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody)

Post by radbag »

A Rockin' Review of 2009
(to the tune of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody)

by Avery Shenfeld

Is this a real boom?
Or just a fantasy?
After the landslide
A move back to recovery
Open your eyes, as stocks set new highs, and see.

After oh-eight's crash, I need some sympathy It was just easy come, easy go, as I lost a lot of dough Money out the window, losses all too painful to me, to me.

Subprime, just killed us all, put a gun against our heads Pulled the trigger left us dead But now, a rally's just begun Hope that interest hikes don't throw it all away Bernanke, oooh, don't mean to make us cry If CPI's not down this time tomorrow Carry on, carry on, 'cause only Wall Street matters.

I see a little of bull market run
Scaramouche, and Canoe, seeing much much fuller tables Job gains that are heightening, earnings not so frightening Ben Bernanke, Ben Bernanke Ben Bernanke Ben Bernanke Ben Bernanke let funds flow Magnifico-o-o-o.

I'm just a banker, nobody loves me
He's just a banker, from a TARP taker
Spare him the pain if he makes no new loans.

Rallies come, rallies go, will US household spending grow?
Bank lenders! No, they owe too much to grow!
Go borrow! Bank lenders! We cannot lend you so Go borrow! Bank lenders! We cannot lend you so Let them go! Cannot lend you so No No No No No No No Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia loans won't flow Obama has a tax cut put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think can run deficits to the sky So you think that you wont see the buck weaken and die Ohhh-bama, can't do this to us baby Just gotta buy gold, just gotta get right outta here.

Something really matters, not just S&P
Nonfarm payrolls matter,
Nonfarm payrolls matter, to me.