The speech your kids deserve to hear from the President...

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

...but won't:
While you were out playing in the back yards and playgrounds of America both Democrats and Republicans were making promises they could not keep. Instead of raising taxes right now for whatever they wanted to promise they instead decided to send you the bill, and your parents went along with it.

So when you come home from school this afternoon say "Thanks" to your Mom, Dad, Grandpa and Grandma for selling you into slavery.

For obligating you to pay for the stealing that has gone on for nearly ten years on Wall Street and in Washington DC.

For allowing those very same lies to cost your family (or that of someone you know and love) their house, their job, and their future.
http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1416-An-Address-To-Our-Schoolchildren.html

The whole thing is well worth a read...for you AND your kids, IMO.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

and your parents went along with it.
somewhat fatal flaw right here. Until the two party system is expanded to create room for the addition of candidates with an honest chance there is often the need to vote for the lesser of two evils. Hard to fix the government when the choices are dumb and dumber.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Agreed but voting isn't the only way to change the system. If enough people truly disagreed with DC's deficit spending they would have stopped it somehow by now. The truth is most folks were and are fine with it as long as they think they're getting their share of the loot.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Sad but true.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.