Amazing article in Rolling Stone detailing Government Sachs' corruption

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

reading an article in rolling stone about things other than music is like ordering a lobster at the local greasy spoon diner.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Don't want to speak ill of the king, rad? ;)
radbag

Post by radbag »

i had this convo with a1 about a political rolling stone article once...it surprises me.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

What surprises you?

I just read the articles where I find'em...your problem is with the media...not enough of'em do their jobs effectively. This story should have been told by CNBC if they weren't too busy sucking the collective cock of the Street.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

One of my favorite writers (Hunter S Thompson) used to write for Rolling Stone. Mind you, this was when it was still a good magazine.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

can you not get good writing in Playboy? Just not picks of plastic jugs ya know.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

in all seriousness :

if i want to read about market chatter, i'll read about it in the WSJ, NYTs, or Barrons....not in the tv guide
if i want to read about the gators, i'll read about them on a gator site, a gator mag, or florida paper...not in US weekly
if i want to eat steak, i'll eat it at a steak house...not from friendly's

fortune cookies are a great source for learning mandarin i guess right? lol
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^Hey my Chinese place has chinese phrases and their phonetic pronuciations on the back of their little fortunes in their cookies...so there you go.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

in all seriousness :

if i want to read about market chatter, i'll read about it in the WSJ, NYTs, or Barrons....not in the tv guide
if i want to read about the gators, i'll read about them on a gator site, a gator mag, or florida paper...not in US weekly

What if the only place you could get market chatter was the tv guide?
What if the only source reporting on the Gators was US weekly?
What if Friendly's was the only place that sold steak?
radbag

Post by radbag »

^my point exactly

the references one cites need be more appropriate
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I'm confused. My point must not have been clear.

The point is that if every steak house shut down or stopped serving the cut of meat you order, you'd go to some other source out of necessity, rather than go hungry, even if that new steak source was allegedly lower quality. Because when everyone else stops serving steak, that lower quality steak becomes the best steak out there.

In this case, this is a story that's being willfully ignored by your establishment sources of 'market chatter'...they stopped serving steak and I'm hungry, so I'm going to Friendly's.

You can go hungry if you want--that's certain a choice available to you. But I won't feel bad when you starve to death out of your own elitist attitude. ;)

LOL no harm meant there...just carrying out the metaphor.
radbag

Post by radbag »

in all seriousness :

What if the only place you could get market chatter was the tv guide?
What if the only source reporting on the Gators was US weekly?
What if Friendly's was the only place that sold steak?
the national inquirer is a good resource too.

you just delegitimize yourself when you cite a magazine that's better known for jonas brothers concert reviews and the top 500 rock song list....just my opinion bro but i'd never cite it for anything other than music....sorry.
radbag

Post by radbag »

I'm confused. My point must not have been clear.

The point is that if every steak house shut down or stopped serving the cut of meat you order, you'd go to some other source out of necessity, rather than go hungry, even if that new steak source was allegedly lower quality. Because when everyone else stops serving steak, that lower quality steak becomes the best steak out there.

In this case, this is a story that's being willfully ignored by your establishment sources of 'market chatter'...they stopped serving steak and I'm hungry, so I'm going to Friendly's.

You can go hungry if you want--that's certain a choice available to you. But I won't feel bad when you starve to death out of your own elitist attitude. ;)

LOL no harm meant there...just carrying out the metaphor.

lol

i guess the metaphorical point was lost in that there ARE other resources for banking industry commentary that are more reputable and more credible
radbag

Post by radbag »

i think i should have quoted allison's post as opposed to putting those arrow characters up....sorry for the confusion.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

lol

i guess the metaphorical point was lost in that there ARE other resources for banking industry commentary that are more reputable and more credible
Certainly there are, but they all ignore, obfuscate, or lie about any criticism of the golden boy Government Sachs. It's like if you went to a steak house and they didn't serve steak...you find some other place to go.

Government Sachs is a big part of the banking industry and the establishment refuses to criticize them...so of course you have to go outside the establishment.

LOL you probably don't read financial blogs either, huh?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

i think i should have quoted allison's post as opposed to putting those arrow characters up....sorry for the confusion.
Ahh, gotcha...no worries bro!
radbag

Post by radbag »

btw - i'm looking for that article re: obama's healthcare proposals in last months STUFF magazine...if anyone can find it for me, i'd be most appreciative.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^Well the infomercial they had for it followed "Wipe Out" and "I Survived a Japanese Game Show"...you should have watched it! :)
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

lol

Certainly there are, but they all ignore, obfuscate, or lie about any criticism of the golden boy Government Sachs. It's like if you went to a steak house and they didn't serve steak...you find some other place to go.

Government Sachs is a big part of the banking industry and the establishment refuses to criticize them...so of course you have to go outside the establishment.

i just watched a bit of obama's healthcare show on ABC and hoped to see the rolling stone represented....i looked for a guy with tatto's and a beaded, suede vest but couldn't find him....he might've worn his suit.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LMAO....dude I get your point and all, I just think that arbitrarily limiting oneself to a very specific set of specialized establishment sources of information results in a detrimentally narrow perspective of the world.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Sorry....I forgot for a second there that you're part of the establishment....nevermind...carry on.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

rad, I'm curious....is Goldman's corruption and capture of the government old news to you?

If so, then I can understand you not wanting to waste time reading a Rolling Stone article about it...
radbag

Post by radbag »

lol

in all seriousness and i'm having lots of fun here...but you should know that the same sources you label as lies and untruths are the same sources that are the street convention on information and knowledge...this information moves markets...these reports are the street standard in terms of multi-billion dollar decisions that are made (or not made)...these falsehoods as you've put it are read by EVERYONE in the industry...i respect your choices to discount these sources as truthful because they do not align with your views...i get that...i get that because i know you are the contrarian and i respect the going against the grain mentality...we've talked about how much i respect that many times in the past...i'm just very, leery of citing the rolling stone as my source of wall street happenstances...the blogs and the editorials and all the rest are paid to be contrarian...they HAVE to be contrarian in order to survive...their target audience are not market participants...their target are OTHER contrarians.

again - rock on and i love the steadfast and consistency...LOVE IT...just want you to know that no one in the market cites blogs, editorials, and/or music mags.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Sorry....I forgot for a second there that you're part of the establishment....nevermind...carry on.
B-I-N-G-O

btw - you're gonna laugh at these stories...i might've already told it but here goes:

- during a lull in the job hunt on 'the street' and going on the suggestion of a family member, i started looking at other opportunities outside my industry that i might be able to utilize my sales experience...pharmaceutical sales, ad sales, etc...got an invited interview with a pharmaceutical and when i'd told them i had worked on wall street for almost 20 years, the look on their faces was such that they wanted to clean themselves real quick after realizing that they'd shook my hand...kinda thought that all wall street guys were sleazy, scummy, cheaters, and fakes....lmao....meh - the interview was more accommodational if anything so there weren't any expectations...kinda funny

- lastly, i was asked to speak at the high school for career day...they had tables set up so parents/relatives/friends could organize themselves to speak to students and better explain what it is they do...there were firemen, policemen, guy from home depot wearing his orange apron, an architect, a newspaper reporter, etc...i was the lone wall street guy and my table was BARREN...no one cared and no one stopped by...i lie actually...my daughter's friends stopped by to say hi...that's it...lmao...teachers thought i was more of a scumbag and hated that they lost their 401k money...the janitor guy came by and asked me for a tip on a stock...that was funny as fuck