Arrested for asking a policeman for his badge number

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The Guardian has obtained this police footage of Emily Apple and Val Swain being arrested by surveillance officers after asking for their badge numbers at the Kingsnorth climate camp last year. The two women speak to Paul Lewis about their arrest, imprisonment and official complaint
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2009/jun/21/fit-watch-kingsnorth-arrests

Video of the incident at the link. I realize this happened in England, but still....scary.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

and the lefties want us to be more like Europe. Go figure.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LOL for sure....Homeland "security" is one area where we need to be going in the opposite direction of Europe every chance we get.
radbag

Post by radbag »

excessive force? perhaps...but they were resisting and they were both heavier than 2 cops combined.

seriously - i know it's their right to protest but what's a mother of a 4yr old (who expects you home) and a mother of 3 children doing out there mixing it up with the coppers? let's be honest, they were being antagonistic and they were soliciting a response....one woman was clearly seen defiantly kicking her legs.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Resisting? I think it's almost impossible to refrain from resisting the use of excessive force. It's human nature to fight back when you're being unlawfully arrested. Taking a cop's picture and asking for a badge number doesn't deserve any reaction from the cop...seems logical to resist the unjust use of force against your person when you've done nothing wrong.

Fair enough point about her having a kid waiting on her at home...but I don't see how they were being antagonistic before the unlawful arrest.