capitalism prevails

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
radbag

capitalism prevails

Post by radbag »

and the banks are paying the gov't back and giving the administration a big middle finger in the process.

message delivered as a result : i'll thank you for your help but will tell you to go fuck off if by helping me, you feel the need to run my business.
MinGator

capitalism prevails

Post by MinGator »

Guess BHO will have to uncheck that box on his Marxism plan.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
TheTodd

capitalism prevails

Post by TheTodd »

good for the banks
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

capitalism prevails

Post by radbag »

capitalism prevails because there's still many, many banks out there that still need the help and still need to adhere to the gov't rules and regulations so long as they still have gov't money....capitalism prevails because those banks will suffer as the market will deem them to be too weak to operate, not credit worthy, and will ultimately die.
a1bion

capitalism prevails

Post by a1bion »

I would take this thread more seriously if JP Morgan and Goldman also announced that they no longer needed to be backstopped on their deals with Bear Stearns and AIG respectively.
a1bion

capitalism prevails

Post by a1bion »

Adding, I think this just proves that TARP was a massive scam by Hank Paulson to cover up the fact that Citi was about to go down the toilet last September when he demanded the money for it.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

capitalism prevails

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

whoa...a1 returns.

radbag

capitalism prevails

Post by radbag »

i knew that'd get a1 out of the woodworks...welcome home!
MinGator

capitalism prevails

Post by MinGator »

Wow, an a1 sighting!

Hope you're doing well dood.
a1bion

capitalism prevails

Post by a1bion »

Meanwhile, consider the wreckage still smoldering in the wake of the government having to come in and bail out these welfare queens. Heckuva job, Masters of the Universe!

The Federal Reserve lost $5.25 billion in the first quarter on the securities it acquired with last year's bailouts of Bear Stearns and insurer American International Group, according to a report issued Wednesday.

The loss on the holdings, which include mortgage-backed securities, reflected a decline in their value as the recession carried over into the first three months of this year. The cumulative loss on the Bear and AIG holdings come to $16.46 billion since they were taken over last year.

The Fed is hoping that if it holds onto the securities long enough, they will eventually rise in value once the economy returns to full health again, the housing market heals and the financial and credit crises are past.

http://www.cnbc.com//id/31206992
radbag

capitalism prevails

Post by radbag »

unrealized p&l ... let's not get hysterical until they sell em and the p&l is realized shall we.
annarborgator

capitalism prevails

Post by annarborgator »

Unrealized maybe...but not without effect, IMO.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
a1bion

capitalism prevails

Post by a1bion »

Yeah, and maybe if we clap louder, Tinker Bell will live.
MinGator

capitalism prevails

Post by MinGator »

The Fed is hoping that if it holds onto the securities long enough, they will eventually rise in value once the economy returns to full health again, the housing market heals and the financial and credit crises are past.

That's what we're going on? Hope? In addition to hoping for a healthy economy, healed housing market and financial/credit crises to pass, I'm going to hope for a new car, new golf clubs, my mortgage to be paid off, world peace, a perfect ozone layer, never ending oil supply here in the US, hmmm I'm sure I forgot something. I mean why stop at hoping for only a perfect economic scenario. Hope, HA, these folks really are that stupid.
annarborgator

capitalism prevails

Post by annarborgator »

Yeah, and maybe if we clap louder, Tinker Bell will live.

a1...just in case you haven't seen it, you HAVE to check out the stickied "Chameleon of the sea" thread in tsifu when you get a chance (not from work).
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.