Obama's Judicial "Doctrine"

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122515067227674187.html
"We need [judges] who've got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom.  The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges."
WTF?  No mention of legal/constitutional experience/expertise?

Further: http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/24/barack-obama-law-ent-law-cx_rb_1023robertbovarnickobama.html
"In the cases that really count, judges need to consult their hearts and the broader vision of what America should be."
Yeah, god forbid they determine what the law/constitution says.

Another fun one: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/mar/01/obamas-class-war-court/

He rejected Chief Justice Roberts' nomination because in Obama's own opinion, Roberts had
"used his formidable skills on behalf of the strong in opposition to the weak."
That's pure unadulterated Marxism folks.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

So it doesn't matter if the "strong" happen to be backed up by "the law", huh? Interesting. I suspected as much, but the brazen nature of such quotes nonetheless astonishes me.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I'm now waiting for the day that he wipes his ass with the constitution. It is unconscionable that he would want judges that will base there rulings on feelings. Isn't that why we have judges? If feelings got it done we could just let the feelings of the masses rule on everything. Judges are supposed to protect us from feelings and use the written law as a guide without worry of how it makes them feel. Fuck, this is the kind of shit that pisses me off.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

As usual, I totally concur with 95 above.
Okay, let's try this!

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I'm now waiting for the day that he wipes his ass with the constitution. It is unconscionable that he would want judges that will base there rulings on feelings. Isn't that why we have judges? If feelings got it done we could just let the feelings of the masses rule on everything. Judges are supposed to protect us from feelings and use the written law as a guide without worry of how it makes them feel. Fuck, this is the kind of shit that pisses me off.
Ironic post considering how much Bush and Cheney shredded the Constitution. Even more ironic that there was no protests from the right wing about that.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Ironic post considering how much Bush and Cheney shredded the Constitution. Even more ironic that there was no protests from the right wing about that.
Just once....JUST ONCE, slider I would LOVE to see you address the issue directly instead of deflect it to the previous administration. Guess what...they ain't writing the checks anymore. So leave em the hell out of it.

What do YOU think of Barry's litmus tests for a Supreme Court nominee? Should they or should they not base their opinions on the Constitution? And don't give me any of this "I will have to look into it and get back to you" crap.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

You don't seem to get it, tip. Past administrations' mistakes have given Obama carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he wants and for his supporters to tell any detractors to kiss their collective ass. : :)
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I don't see any irony at all. Show me one place where I have praised the previous administration for stepping on our liberties. go ahead look, I know you won't find it. I absolutely was just as pissed off with regard to the majority of the Patriot Act and many other things done by the previous administration. What they did is not the issue here.

So rather than try and use my post to bash Bush, why don't you defend BHO's public stance on this issue?

I think it is crap and contrary to the constitution. What say you? (without any mention of what the previous administration said or did, or any quote regarding Rush Limbaugh)
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Well let's see - how about we start with warrantless wiretapping or suspending of habeus corpos for example? Those good enough for you?

It truly is funny watching you right wingers get your panties in a bunch over something that hasn't even happened yet. You guys are going to oppose ANYONE who he nominates, just for the sake of opposition. So why do you even care what Obama's philosophy is? You are going to be against it no matter what.

I am laughing at all of you and how irrelevant and powerless the right wing has become. :rofl:
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Well, that response can be filed under 'epic fail'.

Get a fucking grip, slider. I can no longer find any humor in your idiocy. But feel free to laugh away--the fool will be exposed.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

It is clear, slider, that you are no better than those who blindly supported the previous administration. You march in lock step with Obama and his agenda just like those you rail against did earlier. The only difference, and I mean THE ONLY DIFFERENCE is that your party is the one in power now. Your complete inability to say ANYTHING critical of your Messiah is proof that you worship him and his ideals far more than this country or the constitution that underlies it.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I'm dying to read slider's next righteously indignant response.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Let me say, too, that the above was not intended as a flame. Neither was it intended as an insult or tweak. It was just a stark realization that hit me as I was thinking about why you seem physically incapable of criticizing Obama. Its because you are so invested in his ideology and are so immersed in it, and are so completely and utterly convinced of His ultimate truth that there's no room left for any doubt at all. None whatsoever. You are just as blindly devoted to him as the ones on the right that you love to vilify.

Its an observation. I would love to believe otherwise...but nothing else makes any sense.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The most insulting thing on this board is slide's continuous treatment of the rest of us as buffoons. No offense taken, though, slide. I know you can't really help it.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Well let's see - how about we start with warrantless wiretapping or suspending of habeus corpos for example? Those good enough for you?
I'm beginning to wonder about your reading comprehension skills.
It truly is funny watching you right wingers get your panties in a bunch over something that hasn't even happened yet.
A Justice is stepping down. It's about to happen.
You guys are going to oppose ANYONE who he nominates, just for the sake of opposition.
What a load of horseshit. I'm likely to oppose anyone he nominates, yes. But, not just for the sake of opposition. I'm not like you slider. I don't oppose the other side simply because they are the other side. I'm going to oppose who he nominates because I now know WHY he is nominating them. It's DAMN SURE not because they're familiar with, or willing to uphold the constitution.
So why do you even care what Obama's philosophy is?
Because he's the President of the United States of America. It's MY country just as much as it is YOURS. I give a damn what the President of my country thinks of it.
You are going to be against it no matter what.
you're right. This particular philosophy I will ALWAYS be against, and I don't care how you phrase it. It's Marxism. I will always be against Obama's philosophy IF I actually disagree with it. But I won't disagree with it simply because of WHO said it. It's WHAT is said that is important.

But not for you, slider. I understand that.
[/quote]

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

It truly is funny watching you right wingers get your panties in a bunch over something that hasn't even happened yet. You guys are going to oppose ANYONE who he nominates, just for the sake of opposition. So why do you even care what Obama's philosophy is? You are going to be against it no matter what.

I am laughing at all of you and how irrelevant and powerless the right wing has become. :rofl:
You apparently didn't read my post very carefully before you went off on your anti-right post. There would only be irony in my post if I had supported the previous administration in practices that trampled on the constitution. I have never had any such support, thus the reasoning behing my statement telling you to go find a post for such. Your examples, while perfect regarding stepping on the constitution, further go to prove my point. I didn't then and don't now support such practices. As a matter of fact a buddy of mine and I often start our phone conversations with "Hey, this is the President of the Anthrax Fan Club, we're the BOMB." All in the hopes of hitting on enough key words that might then turn on any listening devices to record a completely benign conversation. If they are going to tap, then they can waste time listening to us discuss him changing baby diapers or whatever.

What you have failed to see is that while I may stand on the right side of the aisle, unlike you, I will criticize my party or leadership for what I feel is wrong. My criticism of this issue is because it is wrong, period. I'd have said the same thing if Bush had voiced the same idea. So far your failure to see that or criticize anything that BHO proposes puts your posts up for mocking. There is no way you have not found one thing to disagree with. Even the no-brainers get a response like "well, I haven't read enough about that yet.", but then never any follow up. Sweep it under the rug and carry on.

I can only hope that a feeling judge who came from a poor or disadvantaged background would see life for what it is, an opportunity. And I would hope that they got there on their hard work and discipline and expect all others to do the same. And if that happens maybe their feelings would produce rulings that would require hard work and dedication rather than handouts because of social background, race, religion or social class.

So I will not necessarily object to any nomination by BHO, but given the statements regarding a judge ruling on feelings, it would appear that yes, the writing is on the wall. My voiced opposition thus far is against his litmus test for a potential nominee. I'll reserve judgment on bashing the nominee until it is officially cast.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I love you guys.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Feelin' the love eh, Doc?
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I think 95 is trying to seduce me with such eloquence.

Okay, let's try this!

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

....so here's to you, Mrs Robinson.....
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Hey now! :ninja: