Batteries for Laptops

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8rMom7

Batteries for Laptops

Post by G8rMom7 »

Bill needs a new battery for his Dell laptop (Vostro 1000)...the cheapest one listed on the Dell site is $200...ugh. But in looking on Partstore.com, ebay, etc. I was led to a site lubattery.com that listed three of them ranging from $50-70 (much more what I was hoping). But I've never heard of this site, so I'm not sure I trust it.

Can Todd or some of you in the know, let me in on good places that I can find a new battery for his computer? If the only way to really be assured of a good product is to pay $200 or more, then so be it. I just want to make sure I'm not paying that much if I don't have to.

Help?
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Batteries for Laptops

Post by TheTodd »

EBay...
Batteries.com
laptopbatteries.com
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8rMom7

Batteries for Laptops

Post by G8rMom7 »

THANKS!
Okay, let's try this!

G8rMom7

Batteries for Laptops

Post by G8rMom7 »

Batteries.com and Laptopbatteries.com didn't have the battery for his specific computer...but I did find quite a few on eBay. Sort of nervous about the eBay because sometimes they aren't the most reputable sellers.
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Batteries for Laptops

Post by TheTodd »

“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TheTodd

Batteries for Laptops

Post by TheTodd »

G8rMom7

Batteries for Laptops

Post by G8rMom7 »

Thanks Todd...that helps A LOT! My IT guy at work said he has had pretty good luck buying batteries from sellers on Ebay and Google. Said, you just have to look at their feedback and warrantees, etc. I think that one from batteryheads looks good.
Okay, let's try this!