BHO throws americans under the bus....calls america "arrogant"

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

TO THE FRENCH of all people. O0 lmao at this jackoff...really

here's the gist of my perplex...one team, one MF dream asshole...don't throw your fellow americans under the bus just to 'repair' relationships with the world...wtf is that? and for those homers who think it's perfectly acceptable to direct BHOs comments and limit them to the previous administration alone because you homers believe it to be 'true', that's horseshit as well...to the outsiders? you want to repair your relationships with outsiders to the country by calling the previous president arrogant? america has shown arrogance??? this is OUR president? who prepares this guy to speak? if he's talking off the cuff, why is he still doing that (tonight show embarrassment)? barry needs to tighten his game up...he's becoming downright d-bagish...speaking to the french about who's arrogant? you're a fucking trip barry.

he's still my president of course so my allegiance is still pledged...he's becoming very difficult to be proud of just so you know...he could've made his points about america's alliance drifting away without having to call america arrogant...guy is showing how green he is on the world stage now too.

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=7246844
President Obama Says America Has Shown 'Arrogance'
Afghanistan, Pakistan Top President's Agenda at 60th Meeting of NATO Alliance

By JAKE TAPPER and KAREN TRAVERS
STRASBOURG, France, April 3, 2009

At a town hall meeting before a mix of French and German citizens, President Obama said he came to Europe to "renew partnerships" and repair relations between the United States and its allies that had been damaged because of the Iraq War.

"We must be honest with ourselves," the president said. "In recent years, we've allowed our alliance to drift."

Obama said the United States was partly to blame because "there have been times where America's shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. But he said Europe had to accept responsibility and make changes too.

"In Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans chose to blame America for much of what's bad," Obama said.

Both of these attitudes "do not represent the truth," Obama continued. "America is changing, but it cannot be America alone that changes."
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

word.

radbag

Post by radbag »

seriously - is there anyone here that would say that calling the previous administration arrogant to the world is a good strategy? is it a good strategy to call america arrogant? who here thinks it's a good way to repair relationships with the french?
radbag

Post by radbag »

[BHO]in america, there's a failure to appreciate europe's leading role in the world[/BHO]

un-MF-precedented

his successes have gone to his block-head.
radbag

Post by radbag »

even if it were true - that america fails to appreciate europe's role (leading or not) - why would you say that? what do you hope to accomplish by throwing americans under the bus? even if it were true...why share that with them?
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

rad, I was just as hot when I first saw his speech. And I do not think he should have taken this approach. However, it's not a surprise to me. He wants to be everything to everyone...case in point, he DID make a good point about how Europe's view of the US is also the wrong attitude. The part about how they fail to recognize all the good that we do, and only blame us for everything that is bad.

I think he was trying to make a good point, but I think he could have done it without calling the US arrogant...whether he was talking about the past admin or not. Why not after he talks about the good that we did, mention how Bush got more money and medicine that EVER BEFORE to cure AIDS in Africa? No one ever mentions those things when mentioning the past admin.

But are you really surprised? People kept saying that he was a breath of fresh air and "change" but that he wasn't a far-left liberal who would take us down the "world order" type road...his past sure didn't represent he was going to be this way, so all of this is no shock.

I just keep praying that we get through this and that he either realizes that he needs to govern for all of us, not just for his Acorn type supporters, or someone steps up and stops him by offering an alternative. Just my POV.
Okay, let's try this!

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Cmon, Rad....

Its not WHAT he says thats important. Its HOW he says it. Clearly, he only has love and compassion for all human beings in his heart. That's whats important. European or American...Asian or African...good ole Barry is a man of the people...no matter where those people are and no matter what their goals may be.

Its not what he says...its how he says it.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
radbag

Post by radbag »

i do appreciate what you've said m7 but why the need to convince the world what good we've done? it should be known already...and if it's not, it's because of other bigger issues and reasons unrelated to just not being in the know.

put it this way, as individuals, we all do our own things to give back to society or to our communities...are we chirping about it? i don't. are we compelled to tell everyone about everything we do? i don't. do we just do our good deeds and let our actions speak for themselves? i do. i believe we kinda let our actions speak because if you have to explain it and advertise your good-doings, then you're kinda explaining to those who either don't care or don't notice or don't care to notice...ya know?

if the rest of the world needs to have the POTUS explain the good things we've done, then there's a bigger problem.

let's just say this - if the BIGGEST barry homer can't see the good things that have been accomplished by the last administration, how does barry expect france to?
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Good point...I can't argue with you on that rad!
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

surprised that the defender of everything BHO has yet to chime in.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

:crickets:
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

so-and-so's absence on this topic tells me A LOT

i must say though, an acknowledgement of how stupid BHO was to call america arrogant would tell me that the man was reasonable at the very least.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

C'mon, Rad, you know exactly what Da Big O was doing when he said those things. He was currying favor with the Europeans in order to show that he really doesn't agree with the way the US has been run. He clearly believes that we are an arrogant people and we've elected (until now, in his eyes) arrogant leaders who dictate to the world how things should be, rather than approach everyone as global equals who are worthy of just as much respect and attention as we are. In short, its clear that we are not anything special in his eyes...that we are a nation of wants and needs just like any other and that we should not ever assert our needs above the needs of the rest of the world.

He is signaling that he plans on being a nice PotUS and not strong arm nations, nor dictate to them what they shall and shall not do. He's nice. And he cares. He cares so much it hurts him sometimes. But that in the end, if we all just join hands and sing that Coke song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU#noexternalembed#

Yes...that song pretty much typifies this administration and this weak kneed "president".
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.