I Have To Admit, This Made Me Laugh

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Apparently, the former head of Bear Stearns, Jimmy Kayne, is PISSED at Tim Geithner over Bear's failure and sale to JP Morgan. How DARE he not understand that the government is supposed to intervene in the free markets and save the Masters of the Universe when they get into trouble?!?!?!

Hey Jimmy, maybe you shouldn't have been off playing in bridge tourneys while your company was going down the toilet.

Asked about Geithner’s comments and his decision regarding opening the discount window to Wall Street after Bear had been sold for $2 a share and not earlier, Jimmy Cayne became spitting angry.

“The audacity of that p—k in front of the American people announcing he was deciding whether or not a firm of this stature and this whatever was good enough to get a loan,” he said. “Like he was the determining factor, and it’s like a flea on his back, floating down underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, getting a h–d-on, saying, ‘Raise the bridge.’ This guy thinks he’s got a big d–k. He’s got nothing, except maybe a boyfriend. I’m not a good enemy. I’m a very bad enemy. But certain things really—that bothered me plenty. It’s just that for some clerk to make a decision based on what, your own personal feeling about whether or not they’re a good credit? Who the f–k asked you? You’re not an elected officer. You’re a clerk. Believe me, you’re a clerk. I want to open up on this f—-r, that’s all I can tell you.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2009/03/04/bear-stearns-jimmy-caynes-profane-tirade-against-treasurys-geithner/
radbag

Post by radbag »

i'd be steamed too.

one operates under the assumption that the markets will dictate who wins and who loses ... play your hand and lose if that be the case ... after bear went down, people were playing their hands and instead of folding or losing, they were given mulligans.

timing is everything....it's like, you get rewarded if you hang in longer than everyone else...at all costs.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Geithner shoudl call him up in the middle of the night and when Jimmy answers the phone, yell out, "Gotcha, bitch!"