Dear Mr. President, With all due respect...

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

With all due respect Mr. President, you have talked about "hard choices". Can you please tell us what hard choices you have made other than to throw money at every problem? Sure a few programs have changed but Bush orchestrated the biggest Medicaid/Medicare package in history and you upped it. You upped military spending. You criticized McCain for cutting programs that amount to peanuts, and all you can find to cut out of the budget is peanuts.

With all due respect Mr. President, your "Era of New Responsibility" is nothing more than a continuation of the Bush administration Era of Irresponsibility. Mr. President, we hoped for more and deserved more. Yet, behind the charade of campaign messages of hope and change, we essentially see the same fiscal irresponsibility and misguided policies as before. Oh sure Mr. President, your budget priorities have shifted a bit, sadly the irresponsible spending did not.
http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/02/dear-mr-president-with-all-due-respect.html

Y'all should read the whole blog post--it's not terribly long or complicated, just a good list...I'd love to know what's wrong with these criticisms.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

You just can't win with liberals. If you criticize the Chosen One at all, it becomes a flow chart of noise. First, they say it's too early to criticize him, then they say you're incapable of understanding his nuanced approach and lastly, when they run out of ideas, it's implied that you're a bigot.
That will serve as their playbook until they receive further marching orders.
The middle section- the elitist response- is particularly egregious given the fact that so many dolts voted for Obama. Much like the left howled about flag waving hicks coming out to vote for Bush, so did the voting lines fill for Obama with stupid, uniformed fools.
Star Kings Forever!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

AA - Interesting article that raises some good points. We have discussed a number of these things on other threads with respect to deficit spending. I am curious as to what else the author has written.

BG - I could take out the word liberals in your comments and replace it with conservative and say the same thing - especially given the fetishistic worship of Ronald Reagan by conservatives and the mythical small government that they claim he ran. Reality is quite different. And keep in mind that you people are the ones that refer to Obama as the Chosen One, not us. And I guarantee you that Republicans would give anything to have a Chosen One of their own.

I am not even going to touch your comment about fools as it will devolve into a shouting match. I am going to operate under the assumption that you do not think that I or my wife are fools for voting for Obama, unless you state otherwise.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

AA - Interesting article that raises some good points. We have discussed a number of these things on other threads with respect to deficit spending. I am curious as to what else the author has written.
Since this crisis started his reactions to policy initiatives has ranged from confused to harshly critical. I can't recall him thinking they've gotten much right (including Bush/Paulson).
BG - I could take out the word liberals in your comments and replace it with conservative and say the same thing
So you're saying all of America SUCKS at political discourse? I agree 100%.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Political discourse today consists of yelling, and whoever yells the loudest thinks they are the winner. Hopefully, the tone in Washington can be changed to being more civil.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I neither know nor care about your motivation for voting for Obama. Whoever did so voted for an individual who represents a political school that is detrimental to my family and my children, and a political cadre that is the most serious threat my way of life has faced to this point.
Let me tell you something, Slider- I am a social moderate and a fiscal conservative and if you were me you'd be terrified of what has been happening.
Star Kings Forever!
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

fetishistic worship of Ronald Reagan by conservatives
Personally, I don't think conservatives worship RR. I know I don't. In fact, IMO he was responsible in the Rep party becoming what it is today. Now, the right wingers will masturbate to his old photos like a skin magazine nightly though.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I neither know nor care about your motivation for voting for Obama. Whoever did so voted for an individual who represents a political school that is detrimental to my family and my children, and a political cadre that is the most serious threat my way of life has faced to this point.
Let me tell you something, Slider- I am a social moderate and a fiscal conservative and if you were me you'd be terrified of what has been happening.
Your paranoia is approaching ridiculous levels. By implication, you are accusing me and those of us who voted for Obama of threatening your family and this country. I really don't think it will be possible for us to have a conversation if those are where your views are. And you still have not explained why your feal threatened. If you do, that is your opinion and your business. I am just curious as to why.

You think I am not nervous about how things are right now? Don't give me this horseshit that somehow I don't understand or care about the situation in this country. I am trying to build a business in a down economy - I can tell you a little bit about stress.

And let me just say this - your opinion of liberalism is pretty close to how I feel about the current conservative movement, as represented by those at CPAC.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

fetishistic worship of Ronald Reagan by conservatives
Personally, I don't think conservatives worship RR. I know I don't. In fact, IMO he was responsible in the Rep party becoming what it is today. Now, the right wingers will masturbate to his old photos like a skin magazine nightly though.
I'm glad to hear you don't. Many, like those at the CPAC convention and guys like Grover Norquist and Karl Rove do. And I do bet they wank to him nightly.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Just fyi...there was one thing at CPAC that you should pay attention to, and that was Karl Denninger's speech in accepting an AIM award:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ipVV3BRTWA#noexternalembed&eurl=http://market-ticker.org/archives/835-Remarks-Of-TickerGuy.html&feature=player_embedded#hq
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Slider, you have my sincere best wishes in building your own business. I have immense respect for the entrepreneur.
Star Kings Forever!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

AA: Blah blah...CPAC blah...Rush Blah blah...yes we can blah blah blah.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.