Are you kdding me? They passed that mess without reading it?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Not one member of the house was able to have access to the entire "stimulus" bill? What the fuck?

Let me guess: our lefties think that reading the bill simply wasn't germane to the conversation.
Star Kings Forever!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

BG, its acceptable because of all those bills that the republicans passed without reading them either. No matter what the shortcomings of the current majority might be, they will be excused on the grounds that they're only doing what the Rs did earlier.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The Democrats sure have fumbled their way through this one haven't they?
We're receiving E-mails from Capitol Hill staffers expressing frustration that they can't get a copy of the stimulus bill agreed to last night at a price of $789 billion. What's more, staffers are complaining about who does have a copy: K Street lobbyists. E-mails one key Democratic staffer: "K Street has the bill, or chunks of it, already, and the congressional offices don't. So, the Hill is getting calls from the press (because it's leaking out) asking us to confirm or talk about what we know—but we can't do that because we haven't seen the bill. Anyway, peeps up here are sort of a combo of confused and like, 'Is this really happening?'" Reporters pressing for details, meanwhile, are getting different numbers from different offices, especially when seeking the details of specific programs.

Worse, there seem to be several different versions of what was agreed upon, with some officials circulating older versions of the package that seems to still be developing. Leadership aides said that it will work out later today and promised that lawmakers will get time to review the bill before Friday's vote.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/2/12/congressional-offices-dont-have-the-stimulus-bill-lobbyists-do.html
With an additional 700 pages in the bill, it is no wonder that Members would like to review the single largest spending bill in this nation’s history before casting a vote.

But, in possibly the most bizarre parliamentarian argument ever made, according to National Journal’s Congress Daily; “Democratic lawmakers fired back that Republicans didn’t need to see the bill anyway, since none of them voted for the stimulus when it moved through the House the first time and would probably stand in opposition.”
http://blog.heritage.org/2009/02/12/stimulus-vote-delayed-loyalty-oath-demanded/

Fuck'em.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

"we DID win the electiion did we not???"Image