Why the Republican party isn't going to die anytime soon

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

sorry slider.

I was just watching Michael Steele, RNC Chairman, on Glenn Beck and Beck asked him, "Why should anyone trust the Republicans at this point?" as a follow-up to a discussion about when Steele recognized the GOP was hitting rock bottom and needed to change in order to survive and thrive again (Steele said he first felt like they were hitting bottom back in 2002-2004 when they became such deficit spenders among other things, conflicting with their previously stated positions). In response to Beck's question, Steele basically said, "You have no reason to trust us at this point, given our words and our actions. It is definitely going to be an uphill battle for us."

Beck thanked him for his honesty, calling it refreshing, and kept him on for another segment. I like Steele quite a bit--he seems genuinely interested in the traditional ideals of the Republican party rather than the neo-con hijack.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Wow! A circle jerk with Glenn Beck on Fox "News". Man, I should really believe any story that comes out of that interview.

Given the fact that they are following the obstructionist path, I'm not seeing them making any progress anytime soon. Seeing them whine about deficit spending is a fucking hypocritical joke given their history. And we saw this same story before in 1993, when Clinton got his first budget passed. It was gloom and doom and was going to destroy the economy. How did that turn out again?

Congressional Republicans have doubled down on Epic Failure. For all intents and purposes, they have rendered themselves irrelevant.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I mentioned him before...I was glad he became RNC chair. He is definitely a good communicator.

And what were you doing watching Fox! Gasp! (JK) :)
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Wow! A circle jerk with Glenn Beck on Fox "News". Man, I should really believe any story that comes out of that interview.

Given the fact that they are following the obstructionist path, I'm not seeing them making any progress anytime soon. Seeing them whine about deficit spending is a fucking hypocritical joke given their history. And we saw this same story before in 1993, when Clinton got his first budget passed. It was gloom and doom and was going to destroy the economy. How did that turn out again?

Congressional Republicans have doubled down on Epic Failure. For all intents and purposes, they have rendered themselves irrelevant.
One question: Did you read my post or are you illiterate?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

And what were you doing watching Fox! Gasp! (JK) :)
:D

I honestly don't watch much Fox news or any other TV news...I like getting my news from the internet at this point. Glenn Beck is the one guy who's straight with his audience enough for me to watch, I used to watch his show on CNN Headline News.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Another question that I forgot: Are you retarded or do you not realize that Glenn Beck's show used to be on CNN Headline News?
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

One question: Did you read my post or are you illiterate?
I am perfectly capable of reading your post thank you. Are you capable of understanding mine, or do you have reading comprehension issues? And do you really want to go down the path of personal insults?

It really doesn't matter what Steele says or does since Rush Limbaugh is the true leader of the Republican Party. He himself has said so.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Thanks for affirming my suspicions--your ignorance really does know no bounds.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

And for the record I have no problem with personal insults that are founded in reality.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Fair enough. Game on. And I wouldn't use the word ignorance if I were you. Your posts on this thread are prime examples of the word.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself buddy.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

I would like to point out, for the record, that I am an innocent bystander in this altercation....

Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LMMFAO.

slide, what do you think about the fact that Beck has worked for both CNNHN and Fox with the exact same perspective and programming content? Doesn't that make CNN hypocritical in some way? Do what you do best--spew hatred.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

AA: You've already forgotten that CNN and all of the mainstream media are conservatively biased. Therefore it makes perfect sense for Beck to do what he does on CNN and Fox.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LOL, damn, I had totally forgotten about that little piece of slider's insanity.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

First of all, Glenn Beck is a fucking idiot. Yes I am aware that he used to work for CNN. He was an idiot then and he is an idiot now. He is yet another enpty headed, moronic bloviating blowhard for the right wing noise machine.

Insanity? Considering your view of the world, and the contents of your posts on this thread, I wouldn't use that word if I were you either. As I have posted several times before, it is too easy to beleive the simple minded slogan of the liberal media, when it is simply not true. If you choose to believe The Big Lie, then that is your choice. I'll live in the real world thank you.

As I have said many times before, the corporate owned "mainstream" media is essentially useless. They are lazy and don't do their own research. And they have heard The Big Lie about the so called liberal media so much that they deliberately seek to attack Democrats in an effort to avoid being perceived as partisan. See my comments about the MSMs view of what bipartisanship means.

Tip, stay out of this please. This is between me and AA.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Yawn.
radbag

Post by radbag »

besides pam, who else hasn't taken a shot at slider? lol.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Yes, Tip...stay out of it. Slider can only handle one person at a time who thinks he's ass backwards.

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Im so busy staying out of it that I don't have time to do anything else... :)
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I like Glenn Beck although it was killing me that he reminded me of someone...not his looks but his voice and inflections etc. Anyway, I kept thinking about it and thought it was maybe this guy I work with...but then I thought...nah, that's not it. Finally one day I was watching him and it hit me...ugh...it was my ex-husband! His voice and mannerisms only, not his looks. It bothers me a bit now to watch him because of that. But I don't have any issues reading the transcripts of his shows.
Okay, let's try this!