Can someone tell me how this is a good idea?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I sincerely would like to know HOW and WHY this is needed? And why three weeks into the presidency?
I really want to know the other point of view because it seems to me that it's not needed. I can understand trying to get more savvy about collecting the information, but I think it should really stay bi-partisan or really non-partisan. Again, I know some of you see me as naive and under informed. So please inform me.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/09/gop-sounds-alarm-obama-decision-census-white-house/
Utah's congressional delegation is calling President Obama's decision to move the U.S. census into the White House a purely partisan move and potentially dangerous to congressional redistricting around the country
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I can't.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Why, oh WHY isn't there some non-government entity that can enumerate the census for Congress? Seems like there would be a way to make it a viable business--Congress could pay them some out of the general fund, and they would be able to package data for other private companies--hell, let companies compete for both the right to enumerate and then compete amongst themselves to come up with the most accurate, most useful census data products.

It could be done.

If we changed the country.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

AA - did you get a PM from me the other day?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Yea I did rad, was going to reply today in class but then didn't have time.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Well, your president has announced that the census will now be based in the White House. Why would he do that? To control the numbers that determine who (read: which minority area) gets oodles of delicious free money. So the president who declared that science would be restored to the forefront now takes the census and turns it into a political weapon.
CHAAAANGE.
Star Kings Forever!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Threads merged. Holy crap, never done that before.