Fear mongering: required skill to be President?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

It's funny, isn't it? Seems like President Obama is as big a fearmonger as GWB used to be:
Republicans tried to push back against the ballooning size of President Barack Obama's economic recovery plan Wednesday, even as he warned that the financial crisis will turn into "a catastrophe" if the bill isn't passed quickly.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gdDrWnoMueqVFI-Uo1ClxVZur22AD964VTHG0

So exploiting the fears of the people wasn't considered destructive enough to "change" the policy, I assume. That's an enlightening realization about the new administration.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

my favorite was Nancy Pelosi telling us that 500 million Americans will lose their jobs if this isn't passed.

radbag

Post by radbag »

chaaaaange.
radbag

Post by radbag »

on a serious note - with regards to the daschle debacle, BHOs admission the other day that he had 'made a mistake' should prove, to all americans left or right, that being the POTUS aint as easy as it looks from the sidelines.

i respect him for admitting he makes mistakes...just hope the overwhelming majority of americans (those who came out and decided to give it a whirl and vote) can understand that he's not bulletproof and infallible as they think he is...it's a difficult post and he will make more mistakes.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

As long as those mistakes don't start a war, I think most people will be somewhat ok by it. But you are right rad, being the POTUS is a very difficult job and mistakes will be made.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

if his mistakes start a war, he's still my POTUS as it relates to the global forum... internally speaking - i can discuss him with my fellow americans civilly.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

WERD
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

WERD
thanks....denouncing the POTUS is douchebaggery at it's best.

what's worse?

alec baldwin denouncing his POTUS and 'threatening' to move to canada

or

alec baldwin denouncing his POTUS and 'threatening' to move to canada and NOT DOING IT...lol
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

radbag

Post by radbag »

i know we're getting off topic here and i apologize but has any dumb ass republican yet come out to say they're leaving the country if/when BHO becomes the POTUS?

dennis miller or rush limbaugh or ann coulter??? anyone yet? just asking cause i'd think that person would be a d-bag too.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I'm not aware of any because there really isn't a more conservative place to live other than here, meaning most of the rest of the worlds countries are more liberal as far as taxes and national health care go. I guess if they were religious fanatics they could move to the middle east, they are pretty conservative there. Too bad they back the wrong religion for the region though. Maybe they could go to the Caribbean.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^My in-laws have talked about moving to Australia for years...before the last election. I have really not gotten into it with them but how is Australia all that much better than here? I mean, I would love to visit there but as far as quality of life, I'm not so sure they have all the answers...who does? I personally think there is no better place in this world to live...even if you don't like it now at least you have some control (although minimal sometimes) over your circumstances and you can change them. Eh, I guess I'm just idealistic that way.
Okay, let's try this!

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

There are definitely more conservative places WITHIN the US to move. And places where you can go that make it too much trouble to find you.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I met with an immigration attorney in Sydney at the end of my trip there. I felt that the opportunity to live without powerful collectivist interests was very attractive. Yes, Australia has problems but they are different than what I experience in my own country.
Star Kings Forever!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I have always been fascinated with Australia and would love to visit some day.

I don't know about living there, though. There's lots of strange and wonderful animals who want to kill you.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Obama sounds EXACTLY LIKE GEORGE W. BUSH. This is fucking rich:
President Barack Obama warned Thursday that the nation is facing a recession so deep that, without action, it could turn into one that "we may not be able to reverse." The threat of an irreversible recession that could "linger for years" is very real, Obama said, urging Congress to pass his economic recovery act.
http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=845934

May not be able to reverse? That makes it sound like we'd just go back to the stone ages, you ignorant motherfucker. Doesn't he realize that his policies are just going to continue trying to pull demand forward? Haven't we seen that model disintegrate over the past year? When the short term stimulus spending runs out, the private sector won't be there to pick up the ball and run with it. We've undergone a secular change and profligate spending is currently dead. He's going to bankrupt the country if we're not careful.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Pssst. AA. We're already bankrupt. In spades. Both morally and economically. Its like I said a couple of years ago: We are just circling the toilet now and getting ready for the bumpy ride to the septic tank. There's nothing we can do about it so we might as well hang on and enjoy the ride.

This outlook will not be comforting to those with kids. But its the truth as I see it. The USA is doomed to crumble and fall apart just like all great empires do. And just like all countries when they fall, its going to be very very ugly and lots of people are going to suffer.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

What a great attitude. > :( If you choose to live your life that way, I feel sad for you. As I have said, I think our best days are ahead of us. And quite frankly, I think there are more people who feel like me than feel like you.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Just so we're clear, when a liberal is in office, it's optimism, when a republican is in office, it's ignorance and stupidity. Got it.
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

What a great attitude. > :( If you choose to live your life that way, I feel sad for you. As I have said, I think our best days are ahead of us. And quite frankly, I think there are more people who feel like me than feel like you.
How do you feel about BHO's fearmongering given your optimism, slider? Does it make your skin crawl a little bit to hear him sound just like W?
radbag

Post by radbag »

chaaaange.

thought it was the new age of optimism?
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Just so we're clear, when a liberal is in office, it's optimism, when a republican is in office, it's ignorance and stupidity. Got it.
If you recall, I said the same thing before Obama got elected. It just so happened that W was THE WORST President in the history of the US who was using the Constitution as toilet paper and taking this country in the wrong direction. Just because he happened to be a member of your party, that is too bad for you.

ANd yes, things will be better with an Obama Presidency. Of course, Bush fucked so much up that there is only one way to go - up.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

How do you feel about BHO's fearmongering given your optimism, slider? Does it make your skin crawl a little bit to hear him sound just like W?
While I don't much like fear mongering in any way, there is a bit of a difference here. The economy will take a nosedive if there is no stimulus passed.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Which is it, a nosedive or things can only go up?
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

slider, Says what crystal ball? You're telling me the only way to dig out of our over-leveraged, debt driven hole is to create further debt, this time unilaterally across the entire population of taxpayers (not even limiting it to Prime borrowers whose default rates are rising right now), pushing the public further into debt we simply cannot afford?

Because when you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, you dig deeper in the hope of reaching China? Or what? I mean, the paradoxical nature of all this can't be lost on you--I refuse to believe you are that myopic. I know you better than that. Why don't we just give up on money and do it ourselves without the goddamn governbanksters (government = banks, if you hadn't noticed)? It wouldn't be that hard if anyone gave two shits. But most folks in this country would rather win the game than the championship.

THAT's the death blow. If you want to know the truth.