The Great Irony of Our Times

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The banking executives now managing billions in taxpayer money are the same ones who oversaw the industry's near collapse.

At banks receiving federal bailout money, nearly nine of every 10 of the most senior executives from 2006 are still on the job, according to an Associated Press analysis of regulatory and company documents.

Even top executives whose banks made such risky loans they imperiled the economy have been largely spared any threat to their jobs. Less fortunate are more than 100,000 bank employees laid off during a two-year stretch when industry unemployment nearly tripled, bank stocks plummeted and credit dried up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/meltdown_executives

FIRE them ALL.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

but we were just doing what everyone else was doing...
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

biggest irony now is incentivizing the SEC by compensating them on how many cheats they bring to light versus de-incentivizing captains of industry by limiting pay
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

The banking executives now managing billions in taxpayer money are the same ones who oversaw the industry's near collapse.

At banks receiving federal bailout money, nearly nine of every 10 of the most senior executives from 2006 are still on the job, according to an Associated Press analysis of regulatory and company documents.

Even top executives whose banks made such risky loans they imperiled the economy have been largely spared any threat to their jobs. Less fortunate are more than 100,000 bank employees laid off during a two-year stretch when industry unemployment nearly tripled, bank stocks plummeted and credit dried up.

FIRE them ALL.

AA, for fuck's sake, that is top talent and we CAN NOT let them slip away to Dubai.
I am the law, bitches!
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

rad...maybe BHO should tie compensation to corporate results instead of putting a cap on pay. I bet those rich, spoiled pricks would still run for the hills.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

rad...maybe BHO should tie compensation to corporate results instead of putting a cap on pay. I bet those rich, spoiled pricks would still run for the hills.
now we're talkin...incentivize.
radbag

Post by radbag »

FIRE them ALL.

AA, for fuck's sake, that is top talent and we CAN NOT let them slip away to Dubai.
have you no nationalism?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

FIRE them ALL.

yes, because that's what's being argued for. That's a CNN spin if I've ever seen one. Must admit...didn't expect it from you.